News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2 > VM 3: A number of issues

Started by BonaFide, November 25, 2014, 17:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonaFide

I just did the "upgrade" from VM 2 to VM 3 and have now experienced a few issues. Currently on Joomla 2.5.27

1st issue: Virtuemart Categories Layout. The landing page for the store from the menu is set to VCL. I now get this error: "Category id 0 not published"

2nd Issue: Specific category page: When navigating to specific category the layout has changed somewhat to include a "Choose Variant" and "Product Details" button. Neither of these work (clicking on them yields no re-direction or any action at all). Additionally it reflects 3 prices. How do I remove these (3 prices) and allow the navigation buttons to work?

3rd Issue: Product Page Issue: The first problem here is that the "Choose a Variant" Button does not work (just like on the Category Page). Secondly the drop down to the Bag Size in top left corner (the only way I could get any options even from VM2) has changed as initially the weight used to be reflected as, for example "13kg" or "156gm" etc. Now it reflects only as "13.0000" or "156.0000". Additionally, the page too reflects 3 prices.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

1. VirtueMart Categories view has not existed for about a year now. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=126899.0

2/3. Looks like you need to look at the way your variants are set up. You should see a dropdown field with the variant options. See image using the VM default template. 

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BonaFide

Thank you Jenkin. I used the "Front Page" item instead and it resolves. The only thing is now the text is tiny. Any idea on how to increase the font size on the headings?

The drop down field is there. How do I get rid of the non functional "Choose a Variant" button?

And any idea on how to reflect only the final price and not the 3 variants (I do not need to reflect taxes or anything)?

jenkinhill

All of what you ask is managed by css and template overrides. Firebug is your friend.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116620.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BonaFide

Time to move to another shopping cart methinks

GJC Web Design

The one with the admin GUI slider to increase the size of the product titles?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

BonaFide

Quote from: GJC Web Design on November 26, 2014, 10:21:33 AM
The one with the admin GUI slider to increase the size of the product titles?
Not necessarily, but definitely one where the navigation buttons such as "Choose Variant" and "Product Details" work as they should and definitely one where if items vary by weight, reflect as the actual weight as per the criteria set out. You know, like kg, gr and not just 0.3400 or 15.0000 etc.

All this without having to hack the code would be a lot better.

jenkinhill

There is no "code hacking" required! Maybe some template & css overrides but they are standard Joomla ways to style & control layouts to your own requirement, and have been used since Joomla 1.5 was first launched.

The Default Weight Unit is set in Configuration and can be changed on an individual product basis and the output styled in a template override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

BonaFide

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 26, 2014, 11:35:31 AM
There is no "code hacking" required! Maybe some template & css overrides but they are standard Joomla ways to style & control layouts to your own requirement, and have been used since Joomla 1.5 was first launched.

The Default Weight Unit is set in Configuration and can be changed on an individual product basis and the output styled in a template override.

The problem is ascertaining where each and every template is to make the relevant changes. Whilst I understand that VM is not an out of the box product that every tom dick and harry will be able to utilise, it is open source and will appeal to those wanting to start an online business who are on a very tight budget. Not all of these people are going to be hugely proficient at finding the various templates to change, let alone changing them.

This is not a slight on the developers. Am just pointing out the frustrations small business owners wanting to utilise the product will have.