News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] VirtueMart Categories Layout in Joomla 3.3.6

Started by milstan, November 24, 2014, 18:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milstan

Hello,

I upgraded my VirtueMart to the latest version 3.0.0. Site worked fine. Then I upgraded my Joomla site from 2.5.27 to 3.3.6 and Menu Item Type > VirtueMart Categories Layout doesn't work any more. I see this error in frontend (PHP 5.5):

Fatal error: Class VirtueMartControllerCategories cannot extend from interface JController in /components/com_virtuemart/controllers/categories.php on line 31

Also, when I try to edit this menu item, I see this error:

Warning
Extension attribute is empty in the category field

Also, it's not possible to select any category in the Select a Category field.

There are no template overrides for VirtueMart in my template.

Thank you for your help.

jenkinhill

Please verify that you attempted to use VM Categories layout and not category layout. That (ies) menu option was removed a year ago and has not been included in VM for many versions now.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

milstan

Thank you so much for your help! You saved my day! But I am still wondering why I see the deprecated CategoeIES menu item type at all?

jenkinhill

I suspect you have an old site which has been serially updated, but under com_virtuemart/views you still have a historical "categories" directory.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

milstan

Yes, you are right! I also still have directory /components/com_virtuemart/views/categories. I see it's not included in later VirtueMart versions, so I deleted it (and some others as well).

Thanks again