News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to display multiple prices on product page?

Started by dmuntean, November 23, 2014, 04:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmuntean

Hi,

I'm using Virtuemart 3.0 & Joomla 2.5.27. I've figured out how to add multiple prices for a product. When you adjust the quantity on the product page the price will adjust accordingly. But what I can't figure out is how do you display the multiple prices?
Example:
1 - 5 Price: $12.95
6 - 9 Price: $9.95
and so on.

I believe I read somewhere that Virtuemart 3 would have this option, but I haven't been able to find it. Is there a Doc or something that may explain how to accomplish this? Thank you!

jenkinhill

That has not been a feature of VM2 and is not in VM3. I'd guess that since relatively few users would use it, that to show price ranges would require a third party plugin. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dmuntean

Thank you for your reply! It does seem to me that if virtuemart accepts multiple quantity related pricing that it should be able to display them. But you are right, there is very little information online about the subject so I doubt many people use their cart in this fashion. Do you have any suggestions of which plug in I should try? I imagine I could accomplish displaying the quantity price ranges by editing the product page template, but I don't know how to do the mysql queries to get the prices.

jenkinhill

I don't think such a plugin is available yet. Maybe someone should commission a developer to build one? 

There are workarounds putting the quantity prices into product details, but I think custom fields would be better, especially in VM3
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

There is no plugin for this (there was for VM1.1)  - on up grades we have to use a manual code solution in the template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation