News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to cart button suddenly stopped working . PLEASE HELP

Started by siobhano, November 22, 2014, 23:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siobhano

My Add to cart button has stopped working. It used to work just fine and I am not sure what has changed.

Based on reading thru forum posts I believe that I must have a JS conflict. I have tried to mitigate that by installing JQuery easy.

Here is source from offending page that references the various JS script loads
  <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/modal.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/plugins/system/jqueryeasy/jquerynoconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmsite.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/facebox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmprices.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Is it a JS conflict that is causing the add to cart button not to work ?

Not sure where to go from here or how to debug with firebug.  Any guidance would be very much appreciated

Site name : www.thoughtwraps.com

Software and Platform Info :

VirtueMart 2.0.20b
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.9 Stable

Running on Server :
MySQL Version    5.5.32
PHP Version    5.3

siobhano

seems like disabling the "modal pop up" upon Add to Cart resolves the problem ?

Not sure why. This feature worked fine in earlier versions

At least I have a functioning add to cart button again.

Still VERY appreciative of any light that anyone might be able to throw on this topic 

I would like to re enable the popup since customers seem to like it as part of check out experience

Margriet

Start by updating Joomla and VM. Both versions are outdated.

jenkinhill

I don't think that your old version of VM will work properly with jQuery 1.7 - it "shipped" with jQuery 1.6.4  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

jQuery conflicts should be considerably reduced with the scripts used in VirtueMart 3 

Your PHP version is very old, too. Minimum should be 5.3.10 and preferably PHP5.4+
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

siobhano

Thank you for the replies. I will take a deep breath and upgrade to Vm 3. I appreciate the guidance

jenkinhill

Don't forget the basic rule. Test all updates on a backup of the live site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum