News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

upgrading to VM3 on JM 2.5.27

Started by Frankp, November 21, 2014, 15:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankp

Hi.
Tested upgrading from VM 2.6.12 to VM3 on JM 2.5.27.
When opening the product details a warning comes up.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /..shopdestination ../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmcustomplugin.php on line 143

What does it mean?
Kind regards,
Frank

jenkinhill

It is a warning which can be suppressed.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102555.0

You maybe have a custom field that is not entirely compatible with the latest version. A lot has changed with customs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lemmings

Hi, I have built an offline site ( www.tropicalpalmseeds.com )  on Joomla2.5 and vm 2.* Now I see that vm3, is out. I have decided to update the site before I go online. My plan is to update to Joomla 3.3 and vm3.0. Am i right in thinking that I first update Joomla and then VM? I have looked at many forums but have not seen this answer. It will be there somewhere i'm sure. Please push me in the right direction, thanks.

jenkinhill

Update VM first, as most VM3 development has been based on J2.5 we know it works well. Before updating Joomla to 3.x you should  ensure that any VM plugins that you will want to use are already available in J3 compatible versions. We have noticed that VM3 on J2.5 runs faster than on J3 which will be relevant to busy sites.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/installation-migration-upgrade/198-upgrade-virtuemart-2-to-virtuemart-3.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Frankp

OK, thanks.
I upgraded to VM 3
Most of the problems solved.