News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Looking for developer or programmer

Started by dannytong, November 20, 2014, 13:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannytong

We would like to find a developer or a programmer to help us to set up a system.

The system we would like to build is regarding the inventory system use by supermarket. We would like to add value on the current bar-code system used by them. We would like to suggest a system
that record the number of stock still available in the store. The way to implement it is to build in a
stock inventory level in the system that will send a 'pop out' message on the screen when the
inventory level of the specific item in the store is low. The level is set by the owner itself based on
the level that he/she think that is suitable.

The next thing is we would like to set the expired date of the item into the system when the stock
reach the store. The worker will use the barcode scanner to scan the barcode and it will transfer the expired date to the system so that the owner would know when is the expired date of each item to
prevent obsolete stock.

Anyone got any comment on this suggestion ? thanks
actually this is an assignment for my group the lecturer would like us to develop a system , but we don have idea on it ,
hope somebody can help with it ? thanks ya

jenkinhill

Please don't crosspost. I have deleted your other message.

Do you have a budget for this work?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dannytong

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 20, 2014, 13:27:37 PM
Please don't crosspost. I have deleted your other message.

Do you have a budget for this work?

perhaps want to known whether this system can be built or not ?
price can be negotiable . thanks

GJC Web Design

My only comment would be this is an immensely complex system you want here - budget in the 1000's I would have said
your talking hardware bridges etc ..
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

I belive it could be done, as in software almost anything can be built - if the budget it big enough!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dannytong

Quote from: GJC Web Design on November 20, 2014, 15:51:59 PM
My only comment would be this is an immensely complex system you want here - budget in the 1000's I would have said
your talking hardware bridges etc ..

can i roughly know the cost maybe in the range of how much if want to built this system , as well also whether after built , can be implement or not ?

GJC Web Design

who knows - this sort of raw development takes what it takes .. so the cost depends on the hourly rate ..

I wouldn't even look at it without a starting budget of 40 hours perhaps - so many unknowns - I don't even own a bar code scanner..  ;)
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation