News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Change email for purchase notification

Started by Marttyn, November 20, 2014, 01:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marttyn

Hi!
Im trying to change the email where the notifications are sent.
If i change the email from SHOP>ADDITIONAL INFORMATION>EMAIL will change the email from joomla user, and i dont want to change that...
I want joomla user to have email@example.com
And Vm notifications to go to shop@example.com

is that possible?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Marttyn

Thanks Kelvyn!
I checked the thread, but I think that is not what I want to do.
For the kind of answer I guess that there is no way to choose the email VM use to notify orders, low stock, questions, etc... It can only send emails to admin main email.
My case, I have different inbox for different purposes so it's not everything mixed up.
Very strange that there is no option for that, and let me suggest to VM admins to include this in future versions.
Regards!

GJC Web Design

my thread does exactly that - you can adjust my change slightly to ONLY use the address_2 email
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Marttyn

Thanks for your answer and your interest.
Your modification is very clever!
But needs modification of VM core. Im trying to avoid core mods, as it will be lost on future updates. And i dont want to manualy change that every time, specialy because i will forget about it.
I think that allowing the admin to choose the email where the VM notifications and orders are sent is a very basic feature and should be available. If some VM team developer look at this thread i hope he consider adding this.
Regards!