VM3 a couple of suggestions for usability

Started by bunglehaze, November 17, 2014, 14:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

Just having a quick look at VM2.9.9.5 again to see if the custom fields migration is working from VM2 to VM3 format (sadly not on this test but i'm putting a new copy in a subdirectory and trialling that next)

A couple of things popped up that would be very useful though so I thought I would document them as I go, I will update this thread as I find new ones.

1: In the product details page B/E; child products tab, The ability to administer the child products fully here would be very useful indeed. Updating stock levels on that page would save many page clicks for those like me who use child products for many of their items. Setting up new child products means that administering most options is not required usually but stock levels in one central location within a parent are one thing that can and will change regularly.

2: Updating parent stock levels based on the level set by child products. I think this would be incredibly useful to have, in my case I only use parent products as zero stock when there are child options but on the frontend it always shows them as 0 available in this case. Having a way for VM to calculate the stock level of each child in that place would be much more intelligent so when a customer clicks the dropdown to child product A they see I have 20 in stock, child product B 10 in stock etc.

Those two functions I think would work well for many users as they seem to be part of the basics.