(2.9.9.5) Global Configuration - Virtuemart (permission choices are broken)

Started by Gouz, November 16, 2014, 05:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gouz

When i go to set permissions in Virtuemart Component under Global Configurations, user and manager groups are broken. Whenever i click on those nothing happens. In addition, menu buttons ontop of the page stop responding too.

Milbo

As far as I know, the problem is the layout in j3. therefore we had to write our own. Access the ACL in VM, not in joomla.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Gouz

Quote from: Milbo on November 16, 2014, 10:19:06 AM
As far as I know, the problem is the layout in j3. therefore we had to write our own. Access the ACL in VM, not in joomla.

Sorry if being stupid, but where exactly is this ACL to be accessed in VM (2.9.9.5)?

I have in Joomla 4 access levels:
1) Public [many users in future]
2) Registered [many users in future]
3) Manager [a specific user that i want to choose now and not change in the future]
4) SuperUser [just me]

I need only Manager and SuperUser to be able to access VM.
And i also need only SuperUser to be able to access Joomla Backend (except of course VM section where manager above will be able to have access there too)

Is this feasible?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Gouz

Quote from: Milbo on November 16, 2014, 19:30:24 PM
http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/44-multivendor/197-example-to-setup-acl.html : "The joomla usergroups define the allowed actions and views"
According to that link i guess i should be able to define allowed actions and views from there.

However my VM user groups are broken (page fails even loading proper save buttons whenever i press permission button from top right of VM see attached imgs), so i cant use them to do anything and i need to set Manager Allow. In addition to the missing "save" button, whenever i press "Public" and "Manager" buttons (not only at "Permissions" tab, but also in "Product Categories", "Products", "Manufacturers", "Orders & Shoppers", "Shop" and "Configuration"), nothing at all happends. I can only set there "Registered" and "Super Users" permissions. But i need to set "Manager" permissions. This problems appears only to the VM component.

I think there might be something wrong in the DB. May i ask, where are those permissions saved in MySQL?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

vikezz

Hi,

I've the same issues when managing permission settings for Virtuemart 3.02 (Joomla 3.3.6).

The tutorial "Multi vendor - Example to setup ACL" requires proper ACL settings in order for the multi vendor shop to function as intended. When changing ACL settings for a specific Joomla user group I've difficulties saving the new configurations. It appears the group selection code is broken.

Here is my approach for changing the ACL settings:

System -> Global configuration -> Virtuemart Component-> Permissions tab
(url: administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_virtuemart&tmpl=component)

1. Choosing the newly created user group Vendors
2. Changing the ACL setting for "VM Manger" from Inherited -> allow in the dropdown panel.
(I notice that the mouseover alt description  reads "Allow or deny "VM Manger" for Registered group and not the Vendor group that I previously selected)
3. Execution of the command: Joomla.submitbutton('config.save.component.save') in the browser console(because the save toolbox  is missing)

It doesn't work as intended, the The Registered group permission settings is changed but not the selected Vendor group.

(The above usecase works fine in Virtuemart 3.0.2 (Joomla 2.5.27))

My group setup:
Public
|-Registered
|-Superuser
|-Vendors

When the "Registered" group is selected the alt description for the setting drop down box  reads "public"
When the "Vendors" group is selected the alt description for the setting drop down box reads "Registered"

I've also tried the latest Joomla staging build without success for now.

Best regards,
Viktor

Gouz

I had also created a Video showing the problem on latest Joomla and VM version, which was posted here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127331.msg436705#msg436705

My problem as described there:
QuoteI have created a new user group "Manager".
And i can't access with their users in backend, Virtuemart Component. How should i solve this?

PRO

vikezz

The save toolbox is visible again after removing the &tmpl=component part from the url . ty
However the use case for managing the permission settings for a specific group as described in post#5 doesn't work.
Suggestions for solving the issue are welcomed

DevShopper

Same here, when I look in the database, jom_assets com_virtuemart, nothing is never saved, or what is saved is not what I specified:
{
    "core.admin": {
        "6": 1,
        "9": 1
    },
    "core.manage": {
        "6": 1,
        "9": 1
    },
    "vm.manage": [],
    "vm.raw": [],
    "vm.html": [],
    "vm.category": [],
    "vm.category.create": [],
    "vm.category.delete": [],
    "vm.category.edit": [],
    "vm.category.edit.state": [],
    "vm.product": [],
    "vm.product.create": [],
    "vm.product.delete": [],
    "vm.product.edit": [],
    "vm.product.edit.state": [],
    "vm.custom": [],
    "vm.custom.edit": [],
    "vm.inventory": [],
    "vm.calc": [],
    "vm.calc.edit": [],
    "vm.ratings": [],
    "vm.manufacturer": [],
    "vm.manufacturer.create": [],
    "vm.manufacturer.delete": [],
    "vm.manufacturer.edit": [],
    "vm.manufacturer.edit.state": [],
    "vm.manufacturercategories": [],
    "vm.orders": [],
    "vm.orders.edit": [],
    "vm.orders.status": [],
    "vm.report": [],
    "vm.user": [],
    "vm.user.edit": [],
    "vm.shoppergroup": [],
    "vm.shoppergroup.edit": [],
    "vm.coupon": [],
    "vm.user.editshop": [],
    "vm.media": [],
    "vm.shipmentmethod": [],
    "vm.paymentmethod": [],
    "vm.config": [],
    "vm.userfields": [],
    "vm.orderstatus": [],
    "vm.currency": [],
    "vm.country": [],
    "vm.updatesmigration": [],
    "vm.about": []
}

following this now, administrators can't add categories, dont know how to solve this. Only I as a superuser can add categories, making other user super user does not help.

When other user try to create categories, I get the message your not authorized to access this resource.

Joris

DevShopper

Okay can confirm a workaround,
just edit the com_virtuemart entry in the #__ASSETS TABLE through your favorite DB Editor

I posted an example above of the (almost empty entry), look up your user groups and add an entry for every user group in the corresponding access category.
Its JSON so pass it through JSON lint.
{"6":1} means groups 6 IS ALLOWED and groups that inherit
{"6":1,"10":1}, means groups 6 and 10 are ALLOWED and groups that inherit from those.
[], means empty, nothing

Hope this helps someone, Joris

vikezz

Very good work with all the updates for the newest version of Virtuemart.
The ACL permission interface behaves as expected when changing and saving the settings.

Now my users in "vendor group" see a bug dialog with the text
("The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later.")
when accessing the front end administration order list.

Should I create a new topic or is it okay to continue in this thread?

Joomla 3.3.6 & Virtuemart 3.0.6
PHP Version: 5.4.36-0+deb7u3
Web Server: lighttpd/1.4.31

vikezz

Just installed VM 3.0.7 and the same bug dialog appears when users try to create products. The bug dialog opens when a user from the vendor /super admin group press on a UI element in the administration interface.

1. a user press on the "New Product" Front end  button
2. a bug dialog appears: "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later."

I'm interested in any suggestions that might solve the problem.

Running on  Joomla 3.4.1.

Best regards,
Viktor

yayo76

Hi,
in my site I've an super user account. I'd like to manage the virtuemart products via front end, but when I click on edit icon and I try to modify any product data, showed the same message "The requested content cannot be loaded", how I can to solved this problem? I've joomla 3.4.3 and Vm3 3.0.9.4.
How I must to set the Virtuemart and Jooma ACL to do it?
Thank you
Regards

davit_231

I have the same "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later. " problem, Please can anybody give us support?

I have instaled latest version of joomla and VM