Cart trouble after update from VM 2.6.7 to 2.9.9.4 and Joomla 2.5.7 to 3.3.6

Started by olarf, November 13, 2014, 19:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olarf

Some days ago I start updating our page. I updated vm to 2.9.9.4 and then I update Joomla to 3.3.6 and so far everything looked fine but then I realize that the cart have a strange behaviour now. Sometime I can select a produkt and set how many parts I want and add it to the cart. It will be placed there and I can buy it with no problems. If I went then again in the shop to buy another part, I can't set the number of parts I want and if I add it to the cart, it wont appear there. When I try it again next day, it works again but also only for one time.
Beside this strange behaviour I see also that when I select Virtuemart AIO in Components, it lead me to a 404 page "component not found while the instalation of AIO reported no issues!?!?
I search a lot in this and other forums but didnt find a simmilar problem. Any Ideas?

Old and new page exist on two different domain so I can check everything you recommend. Any Idea is more then welcome :)

Thanks for moving the post, I thought 45 days before joomla 2.5 is not longer supported it fits good to the update section as all users should be in update modus right now to be ready on 1.1.2015 but as it is still a developing build its fine here.  I already become a contribution member for VM because I relay like your work and think it is more then fair to spend some money for it!

jenkinhill

First there is no rush to update from Joomla 2.5 as it remains more stable and faster than Joomla 3

Sounds like you have a templating issue, and VM3 uses a much improved templating system which utilises sublayouts. You may find that just using the default VM3 template system is suitable, but if not then you will need to rewrite some of your old template overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

olarf

As they stop the Support for Joomla 2.5 I don't like to stay with it for security reason. ALso already several hoster anounce to block 2.5 up from 01.01.2015 for the same reason. However, it wont affect me as I host the page by myself. But back to the problem itself. I use completly default templates, the only templates we changed was the email ones and they work as before with no trouble, it is only the cart that makes me crazy. I have no idea where I can set it all to more default then I already have it and it is also strange that I can use the Cart sometimes for one time and then its defect again. It seems to be in relation with the toggle option in the shop configuration between COM_VIRTUEMART_CFG_MULTIX_CART_NONE and  COM_VIRTUEMART_CFG_MULTIX_CART_BYPRODUCT
While I have not a 100% safe relation with it, it just work more often when I toggle this!? At least there was no COM_VIRTUEMART_CFG_MULTIX_CART setting in the 2.6.7 VM !?

Final I figured out one consitance fact. If I jump arround between Details page and Category overview and back to Details and back to overview ... at some point I can change the number of pcs and buy stuff. So if I togle long enough it works completely but this is more like a shop lottery :) ALso this makes it not more easy to get the error.
You can try it by yourself easy at https://hskg.de or direct at https://hskg.de/regler-konfigurator.html but its all in German. once you can use the + Button beside the numbers also the Cart work. if you cant change the Number, the Cart will stay empty. To jump to Details and back and again to details several time will provide you a working Cart at sometime.

Milbo

Just a little anekdote http://opensourcematters.org/ they still run j1.5

Joomla 2.5 is still far more secure than j3. When you check the security reports, then you may notice that there were a lot more security issues with the 3.x series than with the j2.5 series. You bought the membership? So if there is security leak and we know about, we will fix it and offer it. So far, except the last security leak in the updater, we could have fixed any of the issues ourself. In our php/html/js environment a security leak is usually fixed within hours.

Additionally to that you was the last years quite safe when you used only vm and vm extensions and joomla just as framework for VirtueMart. VM3 should be even more secure. We changed a design pattern for increased security.

The error that a cart sometimes work and sometimes not, hmmm... We had that one time. Stocking was activated and the product had stock=1. I can imagine you never confirmed the order,.. then it would exactly explain the behaviour.

The multicart settings are for multivendor. It decides the vendorId of the cart. The standard is just the first option. Hmmm maybe it is a js issue. Btw, you may join also the german forum http://forum.virtuemart.de/forum.php
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Actually quite easy to "find" with firebug

TypeError: jQuery(...).tooltip is not a function

if you open any page, so the js is not working and therefore no add to cart. But if you would disable the js in your browser the add to cart would work. The reason is that vm can add products without js to the cart, but if js is there it uses the js, so if it is broken, no add to cart.

So you must find the jquery conflict on your template. Be aware! Virtuemart 3 uses the same jQuery as j3
- jQuery v1.11.0
- jQuery UI - v1.9.2 Includes: jquery.ui.core.js, jquery.ui.widget.js, jquery.ui.mouse.js, jquery.ui.position.js, jquery.ui.accordion.js, jquery.ui.autocomplete.js, jquery.ui.button.js, jquery.ui.datepicker.js, jquery.ui.dialog.js, jquery.ui.draggable.js, jquery.ui.droppable.js, jquery.ui.effect.js, jquery.ui.effect-blind.js, jquery.ui.effect-bounce.js, jquery.ui.effect-clip.js, jquery.ui.effect-drop.js, jquery.ui.effect-explode.js, jquery.ui.effect-fade.js, jquery.ui.effect-fold.js, jquery.ui.effect-highlight.js, jquery.ui.effect-pulsate.js, jquery.ui.effect-scale.js, jquery.ui.effect-shake.js, jquery.ui.effect-slide.js, jquery.ui.effect-transfer.js, jquery.ui.menu.js, jquery.ui.progressbar.js, jquery.ui.resizable.js, jquery.ui.selectable.js, jquery.ui.slider.js, jquery.ui.sortable.js, jquery.ui.spinner.js, jquery.ui.tabs.js, jquery.ui.tooltip.js

So if you use a vm2 template without own jquery => it may break, cause it expects jquery 1.6,...
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

olarf

Many thanks for that detailed explanation about keeping 2.5 secure in a vm environment. Good to know that it will be a safe way. I'm also sure that you will have vm3 ready soon, looks very promising so far. I will follow your hints to fix the is problem tomorrow, sounds logic for me and indeed the template was ported by its dev only by editing the details.xml so it will explain all the confusing problems here.
I use VM since many years without any trouble and its great to see that in case of Problems the support is excellent.

gesendet via PAC 4.4.4 (10.04)

Milbo

olarf

It needs a while but finaly we fix the issue. We had to fix our own template first as you recomend and then we keepp a small bug with CF Filters but they fixed it with an update so now our Cart works fine.

We only would like to know whats happend to the field to accept AGB and to read them? it disapear completely from our shoping proces!?

jjk

Quote from: olarf on December 08, 2014, 16:30:23 PM
We only would like to know whats happend to the field to accept AGB and to read them? it disapear completely from our shoping proces!?
In VM3 the TOS (AGB) now works as a custom shopper field. I would suggest to install a fresh Joomla/VM3 locally and install the VM sample data. You can then use that as a reference.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

olarf

I see the custom shopper field and it is configured to appear in the cart and at some other places but it appear nowhere. How can it hep to install another full sample system? Maybe it works there then but how can this help me to figure out why it dont work in my shop on my page (where it worked until we update).

Maybe our problem is that we use joomla login and not vm login. We have all needed fields but I can imagine that the factg that TOS is now organiswd as a custom shopper field, it doesnt appear nowhere as the shopper is already logged in via joomla and also a new customer register himself via joomla. We try to use vm login / registration before but for several reason we want to stay with out modified joomla login / reg. Any Ideas?

jjk

Initially my TOS didn't show in the cart view either after updating to VM3.0.2. Got it back by going to 'Shopper Fields' > click "New" and then set up a TOS custom field like in the screenshot below. Next click on "Save". Afterwards my TOS showed up in the cart view again.

QuoteHow can it hep to install another full sample system?
Because when you install the latest VM3.02 with sample data it is preconfigured. If you update from an older version to VM 3.0.2 it is not pre-configured. It often helps to have copies of Joomla/VM on your local PC running for example on "xampp for Windows" - for testing purposes and for experimenting with various configurations.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

olarf

Many thanks, will try that tomorrow morning.
I try now to add that Shopper Field but I dont have the option to set the field Type to custom and I try all options I have there but not one of them provide me a dropdown list to select COM_VIRTUEMART_STORE_FROM_TOS ?
How can I get this options?

Milbo

olarf

I already use 3.02. I will do screenshots later what fields it show me and what options to create new fields. Then you can maybe better see what is missing.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

olarf