News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Keywords unwanted. Possible not to index?

Started by -Tony-, November 10, 2014, 14:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Tony-

Hello
Here is my website : http://www.brundubonsai.fr/
Joomla 2.5.2 and virtuemart 2.6
Robot.txt file ok, visible at : http://www.brundubonsai.fr/robots.txt
Well i'm working on my SEO and I think I have a problem (for me)
For joomla pages it's ok for me.
But for virtuemart pages, for example : http://www.brundubonsai.fr/boutique/vente-de-jeunes-plants-a-bonsai-en-godet-au-nebari-selectionne
When i use google webmaster tools or site analyzer by exemple, keywords that appear most are :
price
sale
stock
level
current
hand off
hand off
modifier
variants
product

And when I view the source code of the page :

-----------------------------------------------
In French :
<span class="stock-level">Niveau de stock actuel</span>
                  <div class="PricevariantModification" style="display : none;" >modificateur de prix des variantes : <span class="PricevariantModification" ></span></div><div class="PricesalesPriceWithDiscount" style="display : none;" >Prix de vente remisé : <span class="PricesalesPriceWithDiscount" ></span></div><div class="PricesalesPrice" style="display : block;" >Prix : <span class="PricesalesPrice" >4,90 €</span></div><div class="PricediscountAmount" style="display : none;" >Remise : <span class="PricediscountAmount" ></span></div><div class="Priceunit

Price" style="display : none;" >Prix / KG: <span class="PriceunitPrice" ></span></div>

In English :

<span class="stock-level">Current Stock Level</span>

<div class="PricevariantModification" style="display : none;" >price modifier variants : <span class="PricevariantModification" ></span></div><div class="PricesalesPriceWithDiscount" style="display : none;" >Sale price with discount : <span class="PricesalesPriceWithDiscount" ></span></div><div class="PricesalesPrice" style="display : block;" >Price : <span class="PricesalesPrice" >4,90 €</span></div><div class="PricediscountAmount" style="display : none;" >Remise : <span class="PricediscountAmount" ></span></div><div class="Priceunit

Price" style="display : none;" >Prix / KG: <span class="PriceunitPrice" ></span></div>

---------------------------------------------------------

Well.....!!!!
Is that this is normal and nothing can be done or it is not possible to disallow or nofollow/noindex any file ?
Thanks

jjk

Your site seems to be fairly new and the Google bots seem to have not crawled everything yet. Also your product descriptions (the ones I've clicked on) don't have much text. If you repeat the description for each of your "ULMUS davidianna" plants (I think it is written wrong - should be ULMUS davidiana), a search engine might stop crawling your site too early, because it thinks all after the first one are just duplicates. Just search for "ULMUS davidiana" to get some ideas which additional information you could include for your customers (and the search engines). I wouldn't put much effort into typing meta keywords below each description, because most search engines ignore them anyway. But for example in case of Google, you have 150 to 160 characters for your meta description of which you are mostly using half of what Google usually displays in a search engine results page (SERPS) below the title in the search results.

I wouldn't worry about the current list of content keywords in your Webmaster tools, but when you write descriptions, use sentences which include your important keywords, variations of those words and related words.

You can't exclude words like price, product, etc from being indexed. Wouldn't make a lot of sense either, because then Google might not recognize that your website is a shop. You can only exclude certain links/pages like the shopping cart form, contact forms, etc by adding a noindex, nofollow to those.

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

-Tony-

Ok thank you very much for this clear answer, this is not possible in this way.
Yes the site is young, just 5 months.
You right on the fault, it is not ulmus davidianna but Ulmus davidiana, shame on me! Thank you.
Yes I have not worked on the meta descriptions of the shop, I did just the joomla pages for now, he'll have to do it soon.
In fact concretely PricevariantModification, PricesalesPriceWithDiscount, PricediscountAmount, PriceunitPrice are features that I do not use in .category_description (are display: none) but still appear in the source code and the text is "parasite" still indexed . So I wanted to know if it could be commented in the code so that it does not appear.
Thanks

jjk

Quote from: -Tony- on November 11, 2014, 12:17:03 PM
Yes the site is young, just 5 months.
Nevertheless you can submit any new product urls in Google's webmaster tools if you click on 'Fetch as Google' and enter the url to your new product page. Usually Google indexes new pages submitted this way immediately.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

-Tony-