News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Discount for all products except products from one manufacturer?

Started by Marttyn, November 09, 2014, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marttyn

Hello!
Im almost done with my website + shop.
Now i have all my products with description, price, photo... Very good feeling to finish that part! :)
Now i have 2 shopper groups: default, and gold.
Gold users are wholesalers, and can buy with discounted price. I would like to apply 30% discount to EVERY PRODUCT, except for the products from a special manufacturer, that has lower margin. For that manufacturer, the discount will be 15% off.
I can apply easily the discount for the manufacturer, but i can find a way to apply the other discount :(
Any suggestion?

Regards!

balai

You have to create some tax/calculation rules for the discounts.

You can set your calc. rules to be applied to specific shopper groups and/or specific manufacturers

In order your products to be able to use those rules, the "Apply generic rules" should be selected beside each product's price field

Marttyn

Thanks Balai for you reply!
I know how to apply tax/discount to products.
But i cant find a way to apply discount to every product EXCEPT for one manufacturer.

Imagine i sell cellphones. All manufacturers sell to me with big margin profit,  so i can apply 30% discount to my clients. But Apple sell to me iPhone cellphones with very low margin for profit, so i can sell this iPhones with only 15% discount.
I can set up a discount for Apple manufacturer of 15% discount of MSRP.
But how do i set up a discount of 30% for all products/manufacturers except Apple?

The only way i found to do this is to create a 30% discount, and add manually every manufacturer exept for Apple. The problem is that eveytime i have a new manufacturer i will have to manualy add to my discount. And a bigger problem is for the products that dont have manufacturer, i cant add them to the 30% discount.

balai

What if you create 1 calc rule for all manufacturers except Apple and 1 only for Apple?

Marttyn

Many on my products dont have manufacturer, so its not possible to group them like that :(
In fact, that was just an example, but im my website i only have 1 manufacturer, all other products dont have manufacturer, making it more difficult to group them.

Jörgen

Hello Marttyn

Of course there must be a manufacturer, supplier or else You are just selling thin air  ;)

I mark products with myself as the manufacturer (or brand) when the origin isn´t decided or subject for change.
You could make some extra manufacturer names to use for different types of Products. Then You would get a
structure that You could use for Your discount purposes.

best regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

balai

1 solution is the 1 Jörgen suggests. To assign your products either to categories or manufacturers that can be used for the discount purpose
Another 1 is to assign at each product the calc. rule you want.

These are your choices

Marttyn

Thanks both!
If this are the only options, we dont have much freedom to apply discounts... And i couldnt find any extension that could do this :(
For shipping options i have an extension that i can create complex rules, and works grate. A pitty there is no such extension for discounts.
I guess that creating a category called "misc manufacturer" and adding the products there should work, even if category is disabled, right?