News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No cart variant custom field type in 2.9.9.3

Started by Hester, November 07, 2014, 13:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hester

Hi,
I was not sure this was the place to post this thread, but I try.
I'm running VM 2.9.9.3 in a Joomla 3.3.3

I've set de new generic child variant custom field with two levels of products and works well, but since I only can call dropdown options from the products fields I can not use the same values, even if they should repeat for one of the options. Or there is a way to customize the text of the options?
I need customers to do:
1. Choose the Product's value
2. Choose design (and the models are the sames for each value)

i've created child products and they do what I want, but the design options shows the product name or alias, so it must be different.

After visiting your demo, I've decided to try with a cart variant custom field, but it's not in the list of custom fields type. Is there no more cart variant in this vm version?
How can I solve that?

DP: sorry, it's hard to explain myself in English

inoculated

I'm having the same problem with version 2.9.9.3.
Custom fields are a complete mystery. All the tutorials are telling us to use "Cart Variant". Does it have a new name or is it gone for good?
I've been going through all the field types using all the combinations of settings, but I can't get anything to work.
Help us!

balai

QuoteIs there no more cart variant in this vm version?
Indeed the cart variant does not exist any longer in VM3.
It is the same as using any other custom field like a string
I cannot understand what you are trying to do

QuoteAll the tutorials are telling us to use "Cart Variant"
I think you are confusing the "Cart Variant" with the "Cart attribute" which is a setting

Milbo

Quote from: balai on November 12, 2014, 17:46:35 PM
QuoteIs there no more cart variant in this vm version?
Indeed the cart variant does not exist any longer in VM3.

The way it was done does not exist anylonger in vm3, but it is a lot easier in vm3, than vm2. Just create a string and give it the attribute "is input".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

vladast

I'm using VM 3.02

I tried many different things, but without success.
I need option for this.

example:
product 100ml = 10$ (basic)
product 150ml = +4$
product 200ml = +7$

How to set up that without adding additional child products?
Please answer...

Ed Kiefer

Is there a way to do check boxes instead of a drop down?

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

balai

padalec

This is happening to me ...

I migrated from J 2.5 and VM 2.6 to J3 and VM3 and I lost all my cart variant custom fields.

I migrated with VM migration tool (third party extension) and now I have all custom fields as string (with CART INPUT ENABLED).

But the problem is I can't see CUSTOM FIELDS for products anywhere (not in cart, not in order managment  BACK END, not in admin order emails, not in shopper order emails).

Now I have to call each client which COLOR he or she ordered :(

Please help - my site is LIVE :(

GJC Web Design

you have to echo out the product object to see if the custom fields are in it

if so then try to find why they don't display - perhaps they need a position etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

padalec

Hi,

thank you for quick reply.

I see the field in product detail view and I can select them. But then ... they are gone. ..

edit:

I also tried default temlates but custom fields are missing. Hovewer in all template i see with firebug a <DIV class="vm-customfield-cart">

I suppose here is the place to put custom field..

padalec

Some Updates ...

System: J 3.3. Vm 3.0.3

The problem: CUSTOM FIELDS not working properly.

I can create custom fields (example: string), I set as cart attribute and cart input. I can assign them to products (T-shirt - blue:+1€, red: +2€, orange: +3€), Custom fields are visible in PRODUCT DETAIL VIEW.

But then are lost ... Custom fields (in this example color of shirts) are not visible in CART CHECKOUT,  ORDERS (in backend), order email  to admin and order email sent to shopper.

I checked the database table xxxxx_virtuemart_order_items and here is a column with this data (see attached image) ...

This two brackets [] are not suppose to be there I think ...

I am still researching  ...

ANyone with ideas to point me in the right direction?

jenkinhill

Best way to see custom fields in action is to look carefully at the demo: http://demo.virtuemart.net/ (front and backend)  or you could install the preconfigured Joomla/VM3.0.3 package on local host or some spare hosting that you may have. Install the sample data and then look to see how it is done/configured.  The package is VirtueMart3.0.3_Joomla_2.5.27-Stable-Full_Package.zip from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

padalec

Well, ... I did exactly what you mentioned ...

after hours of searching, testing, watching and comparing code of VM3 with preinstalled sample data with MY SHOP I finally found a solution!

#1 First I think that the mistake was made by template developer (not sure - but I will contact him) -- I am using STORE FRONT template by GAVICK

#2 On previous VM 2 site I had set up custom fields on LAYOUT POISTION "on top" -> this was OK, becasue data were "send" into basket etc ...,

... but now on VM3 I realized that I need to modify Custom fields -> LAYOUT POSITION to "addtocart" ...

#3 I also had to modify some code in mytemplate/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php:

around line 274 I omitted entire <div class="addtocart-area">  --> this part in template did not work OK.

after this div I entered this code:  <?php echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$this->product)); ?>   

which I think calls the proper <div class="addtocart-area"> in sublayouts folder.

It seem to me an error by template developer.

FOR ME THIS IS SOLVED -  8)

Hovewer ... Hope this text help and save time to others having issues with custom fields

Best regards

GJC Web Design

well done ...

Quoteperhaps they need a position etc
;)

but this I think is what was the real reason->

Quoteafter this div I entered this code:  <?php echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$this->product)); ?>

this then uses the VM3 add to cart code - are u sure Gavik are advertising their template as VM3 ready?
Or that they have no update available?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation