News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Display shipment on productdetails and product browse?

Started by Otto0815, November 06, 2014, 23:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto0815

Hi,

i'm using vm2.9.9.3 & J3.3.6

In the backend i can configure "show shipment on product details page"....but it shows nothing at the frontend
How's the trick to display this?
And is there a way to show it on the browse page,too?

Milbo

Thank you, is fixed. It was not ported from vm2.6 correctly.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Otto0815

Quote from: Milbo on November 07, 2014, 13:52:33 PM
Thank you, is fixed. It was not ported from vm2.6 correctly.

Thx Milbo......just thought i'm too stupid to get this right ;-)

Otto0815

Hi Milbo,

should it be fixed in vm2.9.9.4?
For me it's still not working, no matter what i try.

All i get now is this error:

Warnung
The layout: default does not exist in:
/www/htdocs/myserver/mytestpage.de/templates/proto_kopie/html/vmshipment/weight_countries/default.php
/www/htdocs/myserver/mytestpage.de/plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/tmpl/default.php

Milbo

Yeh the layout is still missing, just use the one of vm2.6. Layout added.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Otto0815

Hi,

since this is working now on the product details page, i am still looking for a way to display the shipment on the browsepage,too....

Is there a way to do this?

Thx

Otto0815

Ok, this whole function seems still buggy....no matter what i'm configuring in the product & the shipment settings it only shows one shipping rate, no matter how heavy the product ist.

For example:

I've set up a product with 0.000Kg weight and a product with 100.0000kg weight.

In the shipment configuration i've got 2 shipments by weight:
1 for 0.0000-0.9999 Kg and 2.95 € shipment cost
and
1 for 100.0000-999.0000 kg and 5.90€ shipment cost.

But on the Productdetail it always shows "2.95€"

Is there a solution for this?

BTW: It's VM3.03

Otto0815

Update on this:

Once you put an product in the cart the shipping cost's from this product are shown on every product on the product details page....

Milbo

It amount is combined, but not the weight, yet.

You want to show the shipment for your actual cart, so it is in fact dynamic, of course.

Otto0815

Quote from: Milbo on January 21, 2015, 11:07:39 AM
It amount is combined, but not the weight, yet.

You want to show the shipment for your actual cart, so it is in fact dynamic, of course.

I've ever thought that this function is meant to show the shipping cost of the one product where it is displayed, and not of the whole cart.....

Milbo

yeh, a nice problem, we could add a param for it.
Combined shipment or per product, or so.

Frans D

This function still has the same problems.
Whenever you have several shipping rates; 0-5 kg, 5-10 kg, 10-20 kg, etc. and you have a product which weighs 8 kg, it shows the 0-5kg rate at the product detail page.
Calculating its weight from the carts page makes this function unusable, it should just use the weight of the product a customer is viewing as a starting point.
Now it is very confusing for a customer, when he sees a lower shipping price at the product, puts it in his basket and suddenly the shipping price goes up.
It works correct with pricing; when I add a shipping rate like insured for a product price above 500 euro, it will show the insured shipping rate at a product above 500 euro and the standard shipping rate for products below 500 euro.
So it is a pity, that this function still can't be used because of the weight problem.