News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Accidentaly uninstalled VM Cart! HELP!

Started by pigletdcat, November 05, 2014, 01:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigletdcat

I accidentaly uninstalled VM Shopping Cart when I was supposed to remove Virtuemart Quickcart because of conflicts with my system. Tried reinstalling Virtuemart installer and AIO and even updated it but seems that the cart is a gone!   :'(

Can anyone suggest on how can I fix this? If there is another way to install it, please let me know ASAP.

I am using Virtuemart 2.9.9.3 on Joomla 3 with Php 5.4.32

jenkinhill

You are using a test/development version of VirtueMart! Not really for use by inexperienced users as it is not yet stable enough and the majority of 3rd party VM plugins are not yet updated to use J3.x.

What is the "VM Shopping Cart" you uninstalled/ Do you mean just the cart module or the component? If the component then you probably removed the VM tables from the db so will have no data and will have to start entering it again, unless you made periodic backups.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pigletdcat

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I just started using Virtuemart and I thought that using the latest version is better. So basically, it means that it has a lot of bugs right? So that might be the reason why I can install many third-party modules like CSVI and Quickcart. My shopping cart's billing also doesn't show the State/Region dropdown. I'm having lot of trouble here in the backend.

Just in case things turned to worse, what do you suggest I do? Do I have to uninstall my Virtuemart and install a more "stable" version? Do I have to start over and delete my content?

jenkinhill

There are not lots of bugs in the release candidate versions (which is what they are labelled as) but there are still some functions which have issues. You are probably also using a commercial template which is also not tested/set up for VM3?

The developers expect most people to use VM3 with Joomla 2.5 so that third party plugins etc will still work, and to migrate to Joomla 3.x once the plugins are available for that Joomla version.

You could install the latest pre-release version, 2.9.9.3 on J 2.5 and copy the VM images and database tables from your current version into the new one.  There is a pre-configured  Joomla/VM file package that installs just like Joomla, but works out of the box. That would make a good starting point.  VirtueMart2.9.9.3_Joomla_2.5.27-Stable-Full_Package.zip  from  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 05, 2014, 11:56:15 AM
If the component then you probably removed the VM tables from the db so will have no data and will have to start entering it again, unless you made periodic backups.

The joomla installer ist NOT removing the virtuemart tables, because they are not listed in the xml.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Yeah I realised that after re-reading what I wrote.   :)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

pigletdcat

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 05, 2014, 18:28:55 PM
There are not lots of bugs in the release candidate versions (which is what they are labelled as) but there are still some functions which have issues. You are probably also using a commercial template which is also not tested/set up for VM3?

The developers expect most people to use VM3 with Joomla 2.5 so that third party plugins etc will still work, and to migrate to Joomla 3.x once the plugins are available for that Joomla version.

You could install the latest pre-release version, 2.9.9.3 on J 2.5 and copy the VM images and database tables from your current version into the new one.  There is a pre-configured  Joomla/VM file package that installs just like Joomla, but works out of the box. That would make a good starting point.  VirtueMart2.9.9.3_Joomla_2.5.27-Stable-Full_Package.zip  from  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

I am using Black and White theme from Icetheme. I was using Joomla 3 from Hostgator's Quick install. Now I have to questions:

1. Is it possible to downgrade Joomla 3 to 2.5 or do I have to start over by deleting everything in my root (which I did before...) and re-install Joomla 2.5?
2. Where do I find these tables that you are telling me? I found the path to my shop's photos but not these...

Milbo

pigletdcat Take the last provided fullinstaller http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/862/VirtueMart2.9.9.4_Joomla_2.5.27-Stable-Full_Package.zip

Install it (a normal joomla installation). Then just export your old virtuemart tables and import them to the db of your new installation.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member