Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

view orders permission for non super user admin

Started by domains@mkmit, November 02, 2014, 08:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domains@mkmit

Hello All,

First up - Joomla ver. 2.5.27 & VM ver 2.6.12

I am looking for a solution where a Joomla user added to Administrators group can view orders in the VM Administration Section. It seems that a user added to the Administrators group can access the VM Administration interface view all content save the order listing on the Orders page. This is the case even though in the ACL options/permissions for VM Component you set the permission for Orders as Allowed.

Why must a user have to be in the Super User group to see the orders list even in a single vendor setup? What needs to be changed to allow a single vendor setup to allow mutiple admins but only one super user?

Also, is it possible to restrict Delete Orders to the super user only?

Though the question on View Order permissions has been raised in the forum before, the only thread that seems to have a concrete answer is that "View Orders" needs Super User access.

Thanks to anyone willing to help with this.
Appreciate any response,

Pri.

jenkinhill

This is fixed for VM3 where ACL has been upgraded to full Joomla convention. The latest release candidate is 2.9.9.3 if you want to try this on a test site. http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

In my 2.9.9.3 test site the delete orders button is not available to admin, only showing for super admin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

domains@mkmit

Thanks for that response, Jenkin.

It's good to know that this is fixed for VM3. But since 2.9.9.3 is a release candidate, is it safe to update to this to a production live site?

And, is there a workaround to fix this in the interim (either way till upgrade is done, or release candidate becomes a proper patch upgrade) to at least let the admin see the order list if not disable the delete order button?

Would like to know,

Many Thanks, Priyanka.

zaldiar

Hello,

I want to do the reverse : give permissin to Adminlevel users to Delete orders. It can't be set in VM 3.2.12. (whitout autorize the "Configurer ACL & Options " on top on permissions which permit to configure everything in shop, and that I obviously don't want; just the order delete permission wanted !)

Thanks for help !

Best regards