News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Blank website when upgrading Virtuemart 2

Started by cdb, October 29, 2014, 13:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdb

Hello,

I have a store that runs Joomla 2.5.27 at the moment and yootheme, it is on a godaddy VPS my php version is 5.4.28, database version is 5.5.37-cll and web server is Apache 2.2.27 (unix).

The issue that I am having is that I am not able to upgrade to the new updates of Virtuemart, I am currently running VM 2.6.8, when I tired to upgrade to VM 2.6.10 my whole site goes black with a white screen, so I then tried the new release of VM 2.6.12 and the same thing happens I lose the whole front end of the website. I can access the backend and everything is there and even show that its upgraded VM. I have search the forums but I don't seem to be able to find a solution.

My server PHP memory limit is set to 256MB so its nice and high.

Also the VM AIO does not seem to be working when I go there it is blank apart from the one box you can click that says update plugins but the rest of the menu for that section is gone.

I have tried re-installing VM but it does not fix the problem and the store has over 10,000 products in it. I am doing all of this on a test version of the site.

Any help from anyone that is having the same issue and solved it would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

C.

jenkinhill

Sounds like a failure to update correctly or some file corruption. I assume you are updating using Joomla's extension manager as in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123808

Check the server error log for information about WSOD. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121692.0

The aio component is a shell container for plugins & modules. There is no component content.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cdb

I have actually been downloading the componant from the VM website and then installing it using the Joomla extension manager, however it still breaks the site. I thought it might have been a problem with VM 2.6.10 so I stopped trying to install it. Then when I saw 2.6.12 I thought I would try doing the install with that version and I still get the same problem.

I am doing this on a demo site and each time it breaks the site I have to restore the site from the backups that I have on the server.

I have another website and I was able to do the update for VM on there with no problems or errors and it runs on the same VPS and using the same joomla template.