News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Different prices for "gift" products

Started by kovacshazi, October 27, 2014, 17:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kovacshazi

I have a product, let's say it costs $10. If I put it into the basket, it costs that much.
What I want is to make it purchasable for free as a gift, alongside other products, if the buyer reaches a certain limit of total price. There is a similar function in Presta Shop.
What I would like to do is to define an "alternative" price ($0) for certain products which would be selectable as free items, if the total amount value of the products in the basket reaches a certain level.
- Bonus Product component is not an option, because it can only handle one predefined product to the basket for free, and I want the customer to be able to choose form several items.
- I can't pick up those product as new entities either because we're using the Stockable plugin and constant stock control would be vital.
Which PHP file should I edit to overwrite the product's price in the basket to 0?

balai

If you are interested for a 3rd party ssolution, have a look here:
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/product-bundles

It does not gives a free products but a discount to the whole package if certain products are bought together.

kovacshazi

We're sorry, but this components does not know what I want to

balai

It is a paid solution offering also support. Just ask for support from breakdesigns.net