News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Products displaying below sub cat

Started by Topknotch, October 25, 2014, 12:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topknotch

Hi,
I need to remove the products showing from a sub category page , but I cannot find where the file is stored or what it is that I need to remove.
I have attached an image to show exactly what it is that I need to remove.
Thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

File to edit/override is components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php  - or if you already have overrides then edit [your joomla temlate]/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Topknotch

Thank you Jenkinhill, what code would I have to alter/delete?

jenkinhill

That's up to you, depending on how you want to set it up, eg to use if/then to test if you are in a main category or in a subcategory to show or not show the products.

I can't provide the code for you which will depend on what version you use & if there are already overrides. If you can't code it then you should consider commissioning a developer who can.

Note that there are changes to templating structure in VM3 which should be released within a matter of days, so you may want to hold off until then.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum