News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Adresse problem when login in

Started by Khaostar, October 24, 2014, 14:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaostar

Hi all!

Just discovered a weird behavior with shopper address in the cart.
Here is the problem : Let's say I want to order something as a guest. So I add something in the cart, then enter my address and confirm. Everything good. But from now, if I login to an account, the address of this account become the address of the guest I just entered before. I have to logout and then login again to see the real address of the registered customer. This is very weird.

Is it a known bug? How to fix it?

I'm using Joomla 2.5.20 and Virtuemart 2.6

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Sounds like a cache problem. When you test as a customer, clear your browser cache before testing as a different customer. Also just use conservative caching in Joomla with Joomla's System - Cache plugin disabled.

You should update - see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Khaostar

Thanks for your answer.

Cache is already disabled. I tried to empty the cache and it's not working either :(
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S. : I know that I should update, but the site is actually under developpement and I have some custom core hack in virtuemart so updating is not really easy. I will probably try to update before putting the site live.

jenkinhill

I have never seen the problem you describe. Have you checked using a different browser?

We do not support the use of core hacks! Any changes should be made using overrides or plugins. Updates for security issues should take priority, but also a lot of bug fixes have been made between VM2.6 and 2.6.12
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum