News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order email and Orders info in frontend and backend use wrong currency settings

Started by leatherboy, October 22, 2014, 12:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leatherboy

Hi.
This is my first post in this forum.
I build an eshop using
Joomla! 2.5.24 Stable [ Ember ] 25-July-2014 13:00 GMT
Virtuemart 2.6.10
PHP Version 5.5.12
It is a multilingual eshop (but at the moment only Greek language is enabled).
I have a problem i can't fix.
My eshop works fine up to the moment that a client confirm and send an order (order page works, shipment and payment methods are in Greek and currency in euros). Fine.
The problem start here.
The confirmation email that I receive display shipment and payment methods and currency in dollars (like i changed the VM shop language).
In frontend when the client is logged in and go to "my orders" tab,  shipment and payment methods and currency have the same problem. Is like VM use the English fields.
Something else is that every module that contains prices in this page uses the dollar symbol as currency without converting the price (the price is the right price in euros).
The same happens in VM orders page in Backend.
This problem happens only in orders pages. Anything else works fine displaying euro symbol and Greek fields.
The template owner told me that is a VM core problem.
I searched enough and I found similar posts but no answers.
Could you please guide me how to solve this annoying issue?
Of could send links and screenshots if it is necessary.
Thanks you.

alatak

leatherboy

Thanks for your reply.
Of course my shop's currency is euro.
As I wrote, everything is working fine. All the progress from products listing  -> cart -> order -> checkout works fine.
The confirmation email that I receive for an order have this problem and from this momemt only in pages that have a display order's infos (in frontend and backend) currency is dollar.
See attached file. Of course I deleted personal info but in circles you can see the wrong fileds. Everything else is ok.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

leatherboy

Hi
I found the problem and I solve it.
​My template had a demo shop in english language. I left it untouched and I created all the necessary settings for Greek language shop (as primary language).
The problem was that in the demo shop there where orders with ids same as in my real Greek shop. I dont know why it happened.
In the tables `prefix_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` and `prefix_virtuemart_payment_plg_standard` there were records `virtuemart_order_id` with ids 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. the old ones from the demo English shop.
But the new orders from the Greek shop had the same ids 1,2,3,4,5. etc. So when i was trying to see the new order with id 1, the vm saw me the demo order with id 1.
Deleting all the demo orders it works fine. But the real question is why in a multilingual shop, for each language, are created ids starting from 1,2,3,4 etc when those ids exists already?
My shop seems to work fine now and I hope some will find usefull this info because I saw many post for simular problems without solution.

GJC Web Design

Yes - I have seen so many problems with projects started on demo installs with all the old junk still in there.
It is fine to learn and experiment with a demo install but then when ready I would always recommend that you start with a clean Joomla, install VM and then your plugins and templates
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

natax

Thank you leatherboy! finally I found the answer that worked for me. by the way my site is in Greek too!
Greetings from Athens!!!

Milbo

Quote from: leatherboy on October 25, 2014, 13:56:28 PM
In the tables `prefix_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` and `prefix_virtuemart_payment_plg_standard` there were records `virtuemart_order_id` with ids 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. the old ones from the demo English shop.

Impossible, not with our sampledata.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mohdq2002

Quote from: leatherboy on October 25, 2014, 13:56:28 PM
Hi
I found the problem and I solve it.
​My template had a demo shop in english language. I left it untouched and I created all the necessary settings for Greek language shop (as primary language).
The problem was that in the demo shop there where orders with ids same as in my real Greek shop. I dont know why it happened.
But the new orders from the Greek shop had the same ids 1,2,3,4,5. etc. So when i was trying to see the new order with id 1, the vm saw me the demo order with id 1.
Deleting all the demo orders it works fine. But the real question is why in a multilingual shop, for each language, are created ids starting from 1,2,3,4 etc when those ids exists already?
My shop seems to work fine now and I hope some will find usefull this info because I saw many post for simular problems without solution.

it is verz nice solution thanks a lot for the post...