Bug of Add/Edit/Delete Shipping Address in Back-end (VM 2.6.6 > 2.6.8 > 2.6.18)

Started by kcalvis, August 10, 2014, 01:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcalvis

I am using Joomla 2.5.24 and VM2 2.6.6

I have found for a long time to solve this issue but seems no solution yet...
(I tried "Virtuemart 2.0.24 - Back-end Shopper Add/Delete Shipment Addresses Bug" - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119978.0 method but no luck. it doesn't work indeed)

When I login as a super user, the bug is as follow:

Add Shipping Address:
Even the shopper has or doesn't has shipping address, administrator could not add any shipping address for the shopper when clicking on the "Add Address" because no form would show for filling. The heading title of the VM shows from "Shopper [ Edit ] Peter Smith" to "Shopper [ COM_VIRTUEMART_addST ] Peter Smith". (Peter Smith is the shopper I edit in case)

Edit Shipping Address:
If shopper added a shipping address that added in the frontend, the shipping address nickname with link shows below of the "Add Address". However, administrator could not edit anything about the shipping address for the shopper when clicking on that shipping address link. This is different from the case of "Add Shipping Address"; it shows a tab with form... Although VM shows a new tab called "Shipment Addresses" next to the Tab "Shopper Information" and inside it the showed data is correct, this tab works like adding a new shipping address but not editing! The heading title of the VM shows from "Shopper [ Edit ] Peter Smith" to "Shopper [ COM_VIRTUEMART_addST ] Peter Smith". (Peter Smith is the shopper I edit in case)
Remark: A small template error: If editing shopper "Super User", VM shows Tabs with "Vendor", "Invoices/Emails", "Shopper Information", & "Order List". If editing existing shipping address of "Super User", the Tab "Shipment Addresses" will be showed next to the Tab "Shopper Information" and the Tab "Order List" will disappear but the data is still here - showing at the end of the page. It seems it is outside the Tab system.

Delete Shipping Address:
If administrator deletes the existing shipping address, VM does nothing and jump back to the page of shopper list. Of course, the data is not deleted. The heading title of the VM shows "Shopper [ COM_VIRTUEMART_removeAddressST ]" but not the "Shopper [ List ]" here.

Not like others' report, these functions in the front-end are working!

A small issue about the front-end shipping address:
When a shopper having an existing shipping address click on the "Add/Edit shipment address " to add another new address, the form is filling up with the information of existing address. it is really confusing for the shopper to use indeed. Any tips or solutions to handle this issue too?

kcalvis

The problem is still here after update 2.6.8...anything I could do? Or no one cares about this problem...?!

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kcalvis

No...
Do I write not clear enough???

When as a super user to add a new shipment address, no new tab appears!
When I edit an existing shipment address, a new tab called "Shipment Addresses" comes out but when I edit it, it adds a new shipment address but not alter the existing address!
When I have to delete an existing address, nothing happens!

kcalvis

Sorry for continuing this old topic but I REALLY want to say something about this topic!!

After a long long time, I upgrade the website from 2.6.8 to 2.6.18. And find that the problem is still here!!
Everything is fine in the front-end but not in back-end.
I keep finding solution on this topic and even waiting for the update...but no luck.