News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2.6.10 Updating quantity in cart can exceed stock level

Started by joostvp, October 21, 2014, 18:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joostvp

I have a new VM2.6.10 shop running on the latest joomla build. The template is bought from a 3rd party supplier. All looks nice, but I have an issue with the cart.

Here's an example:
A product has 1 item in stock. When I add 1 item of this product to my cart there is no problem. Once I go into the cart and update the quantity to 5, it recalculates and changes final total price to 5 items.
How is that possible with only 1 item in stock? It happens to regular products without childeren, and also to products with children.
Next I checkout with a selected payment method, it lets me pay for 5 items. When I finalize the payment in an external page (PayPal) I pay the ammount and it sends me back to virtuemart to see I only have bought 1 item.

I also tried it the other way. From the product page I add 5 items to my cart. It gives a error, that the product is out of stock. So that's good.

Is this a known bug?

jenkinhill

That does not happen with the default VM template. You cannot increase the number ordered, when try to a warning message pops up : Max quantity reached, new quantity set to 1 (product name).

Ask you template supplier to fix it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum