News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Alias email issue

Started by dfin, October 21, 2014, 17:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfin

Are there any issues with using an alias email address with virtuemart?

If I use a true email address mailbox for my domain, it sends orders and communications fine.
If I replace with an alias email address  for my domain, nothing is received.
I am wanting an alias to be used (one email entered into the system) so that it will then forward to multiple emails.
I have VirtueMart 2.6.6 & I manually updated for 2.6.10  |  Joomla 2.5.28 | Php 5.4.27

jenkinhill

No problem that I know of assuming that the alias is set up on the mail server. eg for one of my sites (VM2.6.10) I use the generic orders@domain.co.uk as an alias, and as the email address for the vendor as configured in VM shop. On the server it aliased to 4 different mail accounts, all of whom get a copy.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dfin

Ok....I'll keep looking into it.

Just makes no sense to me that a contact form (via a plugin) sends the email out correctly to the alias, but within the other part of the site in virtuemart...nothing.
I was wandering if maybe using different mail functions like sendmail or phpmail...
It is being used as the vendor and superuser.
I change it back to the "true mailbox" when not debugging of course.
Can't blame a host server issue if the contact form works.

oh well...back to square one.

Thanks for the reply.
I have VirtueMart 2.6.6 & I manually updated for 2.6.10  |  Joomla 2.5.28 | Php 5.4.27