Changing language for translation of product in VM2.9.9e partly works

Started by ptrouw, October 20, 2014, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrouw

After adding a new product in default language and changing to another translation VM give you a nice message: "No (de-de) translation in Product, please fill the fields with Flags". All works fine.
But after translating and  going back to this product causes a problem. If I want to switch to another existing translation of the product, the first product information screen with product name etc, isn't changing, I am not getting the different language flag. If I however go to Product Description, everything is fine, I see the other language flag.
So somehow, selecting a translation language in the Product Information tab, isn't refresh the screen!
Any thought on solving this?

PS the some functionality within Product Categories works faultless.

jjk

When you save a translation, VM always goes back to your site default language, which is set in the Joomla language manager. I don't know why the flags for the default language don't load after clicking on 'Save'. If you are not shure which language you are looking at after clicking 'Save', you can display the flags for the default language if you select the default language from the dropdown list again.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ptrouw

Problem is difficult to explain. I will try with some screenshots. The problem is I already have created the translations and I want to edit them.
Changing the default language to another doesn't change the Product Information. Have a look at the screenshot 1. The default Dutch product information. Changing language to English, doesn't do anything within the Product Information tab (screenshot 2).
Going to Description tab, it is showing the English flag and showing the English short Description, but not showing the English content in long Product Description. It is still showing the Dutch! (screenshot 3)
If I now change to French without saving or changing anything, it is mess up completely. It is showing English flag, instead of French, although short description is French! (screenshot 4)

Hope this clarifies it a little more.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

I can't reproduce that with my copy of VM 2.9.9g (perhaps you can try to update from your 2.9.9.e version).
However, I suppose that your multilanguage setup is not correct somewhere. Did you follow all the setup steps described here?
http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/multilingual-store/99-multilanguage-setup.html
Note, that you need to install the Joomla language packs and the VirtueMart language packs for each language you want to use. Otherwise the Joomla language switcher will not work correctly. Also pick one of your product descriptions and check with phpmyadmin if your source language and your translations are stored in the correct language tables in the database. (For example, your dutch product description should be in the table xxxx_virtuemart_products_nl_nl)

ptrouw

I just installed 2.9.9g still the same problem.
Multi-language set-up is fine for all 4 languages in Joomla.
checked in phpmyadmin 4 tables: virtuemart_products_de_de, nl_nl, fr_fr and en_gb are created and having the right translation.

The Product Categories page in all 4 languages work faultless. This proves that set-up is working fine.
The only thing I imagine is the the Java script is not functional properly. Although I don't know if changing language within Products and Categories is the same?
I don't know to how to check Java conflicts.
VM Language container triggers this code: <a class="chzn-single chzn-single-with-drop" href="javascript:void(0)" tabindex="-1">

BTW the front-end editing is the different languages is fine!

jjk

In order to check for Javascript errors, you could use for example the free Firefox plugin 'Firebug'. Also you may enable Joomla 'Debug System' and 'Debug Language' to check for errors. If you use Firebug, check your site loads more than one jQuery.js (different versions). Maybe there an extension which loads it's own version of jQuery.

ptrouw

As far as I can see there are no conflicting Java scripts. I installed 2.9.9.2 and the problem still exists.

Looking at the problem again, I am pretty sure it has to do with the refresh of the content after changing language. It doesn't refresh the Product Information.
After switching languages going to the second tab, shows the Flag icon, short description works fine, long description is still the original content, although it shows the right Flag next to it.

Switching to a language without a translation yet,  works fine. It shows the right flag straight away.

Hope you can have a look into it again.

jjk

Which editor do you use? Joomla's TinyMCE and JCE do work with VirtueMart. Others might still have compatibility problems.

fast4u

Since last update to 2.9.9.e, on my english-french virtuemart site fail,

I get this message from virtuemart when i click on a product category on the front end, but only on english categories in virtuemart, i can click on a product and view it in english but if i click on a category in english its Error 1146. The french side, french categories are navigable as usual.. help plz

Error: 1146

Table 'xclie_j3.vm3j2_virtuemart_manufacturers_fr_fr' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT DISTINCT IFNULL(l.`mf_name`,ld.mf_name) as mf_name,IFNULL(l.`virtuemart_manufacturer_id`,ld.`virtuemart_manufacturer_id`) as virtuemart_manufacturer_id FROM `vm3j2_virtuemart_manufacturers_fr_fr` as ld LEFT JOIN `vm3j2_virtuemart_manufacturers_en_us` as l using (`virtuemart_manufacturer_id`) INNER JOIN `b72uy_virtuemart_product_manufacturers` AS pm using (`virtuemart_manufacturer_id`) INNER JOIN `b72uy_virtuemart_products` as p ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = pm.`virtuemart_product_id` INNER JOIN `b72uy_virtuemart_product_categories` as c ON c.`virtuemart_product_id` = pm.`virtuemart_product_id` WHERE p.`published` =1 AND c.`virtuemart_category_id` =25 ORDER BY `mf_name`

GJC Web Design

and does vm3j2_virtuemart_manufacturers_fr_fr table exist?
there is already a release candidate 2.9.9.2 to test
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jjk

Quote from: GJC Web Design on October 25, 2014, 14:45:10 PM
and does vm3j2_virtuemart_manufacturers_fr_fr table exist?
there is already a release candidate 2.9.9.2 to test
Will be fixed in RC 2.9.9.3

ptrouw

Quote from: ptrouw on October 24, 2014, 11:30:56 AM
As far as I can see there are no conflicting Java scripts. I installed 2.9.9.2 and the problem still exists.

Looking at the problem again, I am pretty sure it has to do with the refresh of the content after changing language. It doesn't refresh the Product Information.
After switching languages going to the second tab, shows the Flag icon, short description works fine, long description is still the original content, although it shows the right Flag next to it.

Switching to a language without a translation yet,  works fine. It shows the right flag straight away.

Hope you can have a look into it again.

Using default Joomla's TinyMCE!

ptrouw

Changing language within VM is not working correctly.
The default language is Dutch, If you look at the first screen-shot, I change to English, the flag has changed. The short description is changed also to English, but the long description isn't refreshed and still showing Dutch.
Next step changing to German, second screen-shot, now the flag isn't changed any more, although short description is changed to German, long description isn't refreshed and still showing Dutch.

If I use front-end editing it works a little better strange enough. First tab with product info is changing fine, again short description is OK, long description isn't (screen-shot front-end). If you edit the long description and overwrite the Dutch text, the new text in the new languages is saved correctly!!

Any thoughts?

- using default Joomla editor
- as far as I can trace, no java conflict

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

In my first attempt I couldn't reproduce that with my copy of Joomla 3.3.6/VirtueMart 3.0.0.  Language switching and translations do work in my case. Will have another look this weekend.