News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

error trying to register

Started by randlieb, October 20, 2014, 04:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randlieb

I tried to register using the 'Account Maintenance' menu item. I get the following error:
-------------------
Fatal error: Call to a member function getInCheckOut() on a non-object in /home/randlieb/craftingtheweb.net/websites/visualrhythms/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/user.php on line 184
------------------
Thanks for any help. If you can tell me what to do with that file I can edit it myself.

Virtuemart 2.9.9f on Joomla 3.3.6

randlieb

I am now able to register, however. I click on the customer account link, even though I am not registered yet, and it takes me to the registration page for VM. I fill it in and click register and get a success page that I must click on the link sent to my email address. I never received the email. My new account is showing in the admin user manager page but not enabled. I have joomla config set to Self to send email to new user to click link to activate.

using VM 2.9.9g on joomla 3.3.6

GJC Web Design

why do you want clients to validate their registration - no better way to loose clients - if they go to the trouble of wanting to buy from your shop why make them jump thru some more hoops to try and give you some money?

50% will stop there or won't understand or wont be able to find the email or the validation link opens in another browser .. or ....
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

randlieb

I see your point about the email link to activate. This is a small store and probably is not necessary. Thanks for the input. It looks like everything else is working now.