News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Change ordering at customer registration

Started by Holger, October 17, 2014, 15:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holger

Hi,

is it possible to change the ordering of the fieldsets at registration form? Changing ordering within a fieldset is no problem, but it is not possible to push the account fields (username and password) to bottom.
For me this is a subordinated info, because this is not relevant for people who want to use the guest checkout.

I tried to change the ordering of fieldsets in edit_address_userfields.php, but this changes only the position of info text. The tables stay at original position (first username and pw, second invoice address).

If anybody has a hint, where i can change the ordering of this field sets, i would be happy :-)

Thanks,
Holger

VM 2.0.22b

jenkinhill

Assuming you mean the registration form at checkout, this is done by editing the file components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_address.php to move the getLoginForm to a place lower down the template (under the </fieldset> tag.  Use the edited file as a template override.   http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts.html

You should consider updaing your VM version which is known to have critical security issues. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Holger

Hi Jenkin,

thanks for your reply and hint for security.
Probably i explained my "issue" misleading. We use an override and the login-form is already the last.

I want to change the ordering inside the registration form (for new customers). This starts with username, password and confirm password as first field set. Second fieldset ist the data for invoice.
Now i want that the fieldset for invoice data is the first fieldset and username, password and confirm password is the second fieldset. So cusomer has to fill in first name and address and last he has to fill in username and password.
Modify message

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Sorry, I misunderstood.

In VM2.6.12 I have re-ordered these in the Shopper Field List by changing the numers in the order column and hitting the save order icon. The example uses the VM default Beez template.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Holger

You mean for you it is possible, to change the position for registration info to bottom in VM backend shopper fields? In backend, these fields have ordering # >120 and they are the last. But they are shown first in front end. And i have no idea, why ...

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Holger

Thanks, without override, position is correct ... It has something to do with edit_address_userfields.php. I will search there :-)

edit: Yes, there was an ordering for fieldsets inside typefields array. No it works.
Thanks for your help!

PS: Security issue is fixed manually.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Holger on October 21, 2014, 10:15:15 AM
PS: Security issue is fixed manually.

Including the very important critical fix included in VM2.0.22c?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Holger

Hmm, i believe no. Is it enought to exchange the mod_virtuemart_currencies default.php?

jenkinhill

There was more than a change in that file, there were other core fixes. And from 2.6.0 there were big enhancements in password security.

Why can't you update properly? If any overrides are done correctly there should not be any insurmountable problems. The changes are documented on http://virtuemart.net/component/content/article/162-uncategorised/416-vm2liveupdateinformation   - but always test on a backup copy.....

Generally using a latest secure version of all software is a requirement for PCI compliance.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK