PDF: status is not updated and missing shipping and payment

Started by iWim, October 13, 2014, 14:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iWim

Hey,

This is a issue I also mentioned here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=125572.0

But because that topic is about another issue also I post a quick post here for clarity. I hope you allow that.

1. The PDF generated by VM is not updating
The status on the PDF does not change when the status is changed in the order list or through a payment plugin.
I have orders that have status "Shipped", but the PDF keeps saying "Pending". This was the status where I created an invoice (which will now be different per above link)

2. The Shipping method is not displayed
On the PDF the space behind Shipping method ('Verzendmethode' on the attachment) is empty.
Just as the space under the price list. The cost for shipping is displayed.

3. The Payment method is not displayed
On the PDF the space behind Payment method ('Betaalsysteem' on the attachment) is empty.
Just as the space under the price list. The cost for payment is displayed.

See attached image.

This happens to the PDF that is sent by mail AND the PDF you can download from the order list.
The mail itself AND the print version do display everything correctly.

These issues are on all 3 webshops of mine.
Joomla 2.5.27
VM 2.6.10

2 use Linelab OPC
1 uses the default VM cart

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Quote from: iWim on October 13, 2014, 14:55:26 PM
Hey,

This is a issue I also mentioned here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=125572.0

But because that topic is about another issue also I post a quick post here for clarity. I hope you allow that.

1. The PDF generated by VM is not updating
The status on the PDF does not change when the status is changed in the order list or through a payment plugin.
I have orders that have status "Shipped", but the PDF keeps saying "Pending". This was the status where I created an invoice (which will now be different per above link)
This is correct. You must create your invoice only if the business is ready to finish. This is either "confirmed" or "confirmed by shopper". Atm the old invoices are not deleted. The first idea to handle this according to legal requests, to rename the old order and add for example the old order status. It is atm not clear how we should proceed there. Input and Feedback is welcome

Quote from: iWim on October 13, 2014, 14:55:26 PM
2. The Shipping method is not displayed

3. The Payment method is not displayed

Usually images not working with the pdf library.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

iWim

Hey Milbo,

Thank you for replying.

1. I don't know what you mean with legal requests, but I do know my client gets confused when the invoice is 'just' confirmed (by shopper), when it should be paid and/or shipped.

2+3. I don't use images with shipping and payment methods. Just text.
No plugin for shipping, just using VM default. Never changed it from day 1.
Do use a plugin for payment, but it has always worked before.

Wim