Internet Explorer - Adding and Subtracting Products randomly

Started by webnerd3.14, October 09, 2014, 00:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webnerd3.14

Hello!

Virtuemart: 2.6.0
Joomla: 2.5.20
PHP: 5.4.13

In FireFox, my cart is working beautifully!  So happy with it!  It took a long time to get it working, but it is working pretty nicely(asside for one thing that I will bring up in another post)!

BUT, in Internet Explorer, odd things are happening.  Very odd things.  Here is the link: katrina.despaindesigns.com/store

• My cart will be empty
  • I add a product
  • I click show cart in the popup prompt
  • 12 items are in my cart!
  • I remove one of them with the trash icon (I changed the icon image to a minus cart)
  • All but one of them gets removed
  • I "Continue Shopping" and add another product to the cart
  • I click show cart in the popup prompt
  • I have 12 items again!

What could be causing this?  I don't have this issue in FireFox, and I am not logged in in either browser, so it should not be recording previous selections.

Any help is greatly appreciated!  The launch of this site is scheduled for the end of this week.

Thank you!

Jennifer

jenkinhill

Just looked with IE11 - the IE debugger shows a js error with IE on every page, related to cbpBGSlideshow.min.js  Suggest you debug that issue as it could interfere with other js functions.

And you need to update. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webnerd3.14

Jenkinhil, you are awesome!  Fixed it!  Didn't even need that js file! 

Thank you for the heads up on updating!  Will do so right away!

Greatly appreciate your help!!!!!

Jennifer

webnerd3.14

Quote from: webnerd3.14 on October 09, 2014, 19:41:05 PM
Just looked with IE11 - the IE debugger shows a js error with IE on every page, related to cbpBGSlideshow.min.js  Suggest you debug that issue as it could interfere with other js functions.

And you need to update. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

There seem to be some caching problems.  I will load one product into the cart and then try to add some others.  No luck, only the initial one will show, but then, if I remove that initial one, the others i loaded show up magically.  WTHeck?  It happens in FireFox as well, but not as severely.

Any thoughts?  Thanks for the help!

Jennifer

bluezeyes

Sounds for me that you have still some js errors in combination with DOM  / CSS manipulation..

Check the source code of the cart if the non visible products are in the delivered code and check your js console for errors..

webnerd3.14

Quote from: bluezeyes on October 10, 2014, 02:01:12 AM
Sounds for me that you have still some js errors in combination with DOM  / CSS manipulation..

Check the source code of the cart if the non visible products are in the delivered code and check your js console for errors..

Thank you for your response!  It was a caching issue.  I have the cache plugin on and I just needed to disable it for now.  It was causing problems with the cart updating.  Now, that part if working just fine.... but the site will take more bandwidth.  So, I am looking into this:  http://www.jotcomponents.net/web-programming/jotcache/download/actual-versions-group

That will hopefully help me exclude the cart from the caching system and will keep it fast and accurate!

Thanks for the help!  Maybe this will help someone else too!  :-)

Jennifer

Milbo

Enable the normal joomla caching, Conservative one !, disable the plugin, it is only for statical pages.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

webnerd3.14

Quote from: Milbo on October 10, 2014, 02:26:49 AM
Enable the normal joomla caching, Conservative one !, disable the plugin, it is only for statical pages.

Oooooo, awesome!  I'll try that!

Thanks!

Jennifer