News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

THUMBNAILS CREATION NOT FUNCTIONING IN MULTIPLE FOLDERS

Started by pcidealsolutions, October 08, 2014, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcidealsolutions

Hello everyone! I've searched everywhere but could not find the solution to my problem.

As an organization freak I am, I have many images I would like to use for my products, but I don't want them photos to be all inside the products folder without any order. Therefore I added all my images (jpgs) in seperate folders.

For example
Products->
Bikes->
Folder 1: Mountain Bikes        Folder 2: Road Bikes
Inside those folders are other folders and so on.

After uploading all my photos through file manager (godaddy hosting-also tried through ftp), I went to VirtueMart's tools and migration and clicked on Synchronize media to Virtue Mart as well as resetting thumbnails.

Although "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing?" is enabled, it does not work if the images are in folders under Products. If the images are all in the folder Products then the thumbnails are created.

Is there a way to make this function work? I would hate to create individual thumbs for every product by myself...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

pcidealsolutions

Hey guys, still working on finding out what's wrong..

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

As far as I know, if you enable automatic thumbnal creation, the thumbnails will always end up in the images/stories/resized folder. If you use an image folder structure like the one I described in the link provided by jenkinhill in the above post, you will have to upload the thumbnails manually and afterwards click on 'Synchronize media' in the VM 'Tools & Migration' tab. When I create new images for my shop, I always also create the corresponding thumbnail before uploading the new images. It doesn't take much time and has advantage that I can apply an individual sharpening matrix of the thumbnail after downsizing it.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

pcidealsolutions

Ok, thanks guys!

So this is what i did:
I imported all of my images in the Products folder and created thumbnails.
After that, I added all of my images into folders, and the same with the thumbnails.

When I press Synchronize media, it only adds 60 out of 2000 images with thumbnails! And the rest are not even shown!

Am I doing smth wrong?

Thanks in advance guys!

pcidealsolutions

Also, does it have to do with the execution time? This is what I get when i Synchronize:

Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 47 maxMemoryLimit 114
        Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
        Synchronized 0 media for category in directory images/stories/virtuemart/category/
        Synchronized 0 media for manufacturer in directory images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
        Synchronized 0 media for vendor in directory images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
        Synchronized 0 media for forSale in directory /home/content/47/12025147/html/vmfiles/
        Synchronized alltogether 0 files

jjk

I've never tried to migrate 2000 images in a single batch. But since VM says "Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/", I don't think the exectution time is your problem.

Looks more like your 'Product Media URL' path settings in your Configuration > Templates tab view are not correct. Your current setting means that all your product images are stored in the folder images/stories/virtuemart/product/

Example: I have product images in subfolders artistname1, artistname2, artistname3, etc. of the folder images/art/
So the Product Media URL' path setting for this is images/art/

pcidealsolutions

Quote from: jjk on October 16, 2014, 15:15:39 PM
I've never tried to migrate 2000 images in a single batch. But since VM says "Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/", I don't think the exectution time is your problem.

Looks more like your 'Product Media URL' path settings in your Configuration > Templates tab view are not correct. Your current setting means that all your product images are stored in the folder images/stories/virtuemart/product/

Example: I have product images in subfolders artistname1, artistname2, artistname3, etc. of the folder images/art/
So the Product Media URL' path setting for this is images/art/

All my images are in the images/stories/virtuemart/product/ and that is why it is so weird that it does not recognized them. It only recognizes 60 images and afterwards it writes that it synchronized 0 media.

Should I change the directory to images/myfolder instead of the virtuemart/product/?

Any other ideas?

jjk

Do your missing images have a different mime type (jpg, gif, png) than the first 60? Also note, that on linux systems (case sensitive) 'jpg' is not the same as 'JPG' and the path '/Images' is not the same as '/images'.

bluezeyes

Just my two cents on this....
Does your file names include spaces like the foldernames you mentioned in your first post.

Like "Mountain bike.jpg"
Could be that this cause the error..
Try to remove/replace the spaces and resync again..  With one file if it work you know what you have to do..

Greets

pcidealsolutions

Quote from: bluezeyes on October 17, 2014, 01:29:41 AM
Just my two cents on this....
Does your file names include spaces like the foldernames you mentioned in your first post.

Like "Mountain bike.jpg"
Could be that this cause the error..
Try to remove/replace the spaces and resync again..  With one file if it work you know what you have to do..

Greets

Hello,

no, they do not contain spaces.. Actually a sample name of a file is ZONE_2015_1.jpg

I've tried with spaces when it comes to folders and without spaces but still the same thing...

Any other ideas?

pcidealsolutions

Quote from: jjk on October 16, 2014, 17:09:17 PM
Do your missing images have a different mime type (jpg, gif, png) than the first 60? Also note, that on linux systems (case sensitive) 'jpg' is not the same as 'JPG' and the path '/Images' is not the same as '/images'.

Hey,

no I've checked the mime type and if there is any issue with capital letters or not, but still no difference. Everything seems correct. And that is why it is getting so frustrating!

Any other ideas guys?...

GJC Web Design

if u click again does it sync another 60?

what is common between the 60 that do sync?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pcidealsolutions

Quote from: GJC Web Design on October 22, 2014, 10:50:40 AM
if u click again does it sync another 60?

what is common between the 60 that do sync?

As many times as I click, it syncs nothing else.

The only common thing is that these images are all under the same folder eg.

Folder          images
Subfolder    stories
Subfolder    virtuemart
Subfolder    product
Subfolder    KONA
Subfolder    ROAD BIKES
Subfolder    ROAD
Subfolder    RACE
Subfolders  ZONE, ZONE ONE, ZONE TWO

All 60 images that sync are in folders ZONE, ZONE ONE and ZONE TWO. 

GJC Web Design

out of ideas .. you need to go into the sync script and see what it is doing
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation