News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2.9.9 D - Ask a question does not work for Guest ie. non Registered Buyer

Started by John2400, September 29, 2014, 03:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

When I fill in "ask a question" and hit send I get a Blank screen- No email comes to me or buyer.

I saw in previous posts that it might have been solved and in 3.3.3 version of Joomla and VM 2.9.9c. In this version I was asked by VM to register to ask a question even though I have that option turned off.

* In version 3.3.4 Joomla - VM 2.9.9D - I have set  no register in joomla . I have guests may purchase at my shop in VM.

I did turn off Recaptcha..

The images show my settings in in two test shops - two different servers

I used three different browsers to test this.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I also note that - the Joomla icons in the top right which you can set, ( pdf, mail and print) - in the PDF link, the PDF shows perfectly but the ask a question does not work their either.

I can see too some language scripts showing up in the PDF - ask a question link.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

tophatco

I am also having a problem with the Ask a Question from an unregistered user, using Joomla 3.3.4 and VM 2.9.9D. My emails go through but there is no Name or Email address, just the question text.

I get:

A question was asked by  ()

Although if the user is registered and logged in, the name and email address is included with the Ask a Question email.

I see in the mail_html_question.php It looks as if the user name and email from the address are needed in line 53. This wouldn't make sense if the user is unregistered.

pablojo69

Quote from: tophatco on September 29, 2014, 18:34:49 PM
I am also having a problem with the Ask a Question from an unregistered user, using Joomla 3.3.4 and VM 2.9.9D. My emails go through but there is no Name or Email address, just the question text.

I get:

Although if the user is registered and logged in, the name and email address is included with the Ask a Question email.

I see in the mail_html_question.php It looks as if the user name and email from the address are needed in line 53. This wouldn't make sense if the user is unregistered.

i have the same error,

wartime

Sorry, I do not speak english, but my friend google translate: I think the problem "view.html.php" renderMailLayout function is a string ~171.

When commenting //$vars['user'] = array('name' => $fromName, 'email' => $fromMail); , and accessories $this->user->name = $fromName;
$this->user->email = $fromMail;
It works for me joomla 3.3.4 , Virtuemart 2.9.9d, Flatastic template, only hungarian language.

Have a nice day!

Milbo

It works for me on j2.5.25 and vm2.9.9d, just tested. Maybe the problem is only in j3.3.4. It seems that some misterious bugs are connected with joomla itself. j3.3.5 may solve it already.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tophatco

Quote from: Milbo on September 30, 2014, 18:08:04 PM
It works for me on j2.5.25 and vm2.9.9d, just tested. Maybe the problem is only in j3.3.4. It seems that some misterious bugs are connected with joomla itself. j3.3.5 may solve it already.

No luck with 3.3.5. Just updated my site and still not getting the name and email when a question is asked.

John2400

Joomla 3.3.5 and VM 2.9.9e - Still does not work for me .. after confirm on two servers and two sites -- still Blank screen..

I went to joomla and VM i turned on and off captcha a few times. In both.. Tried with logged in guests and registered .. Still blank page ..turn on debug but nothing appears?
Cleared the cashe in joomla too

jenkinhill

Both forms work OK for me, 2.9.9e J3.3.5 except for the known  "A question was asked by ()" error.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tophatco

Quote from: wartime on September 30, 2014, 17:38:01 PM
Sorry, I do not speak english, but my friend google translate: I think the problem "view.html.php" renderMailLayout function is a string ~171.

When commenting //$vars['user'] = array('name' => $fromName, 'email' => $fromMail); , and accessories $this->user->name = $fromName;
$this->user->email = $fromMail;
It works for me joomla 3.3.4 , Virtuemart 2.9.9d, Flatastic template, only hungarian language.

Have a nice day!

This worked for me.

John2400

I found one solution for just the front page no longer showing a blank page after submit the question.

For me the solution was to increase the PHP to 5.6 ..... 5.5 and below did not work.. I am still testing but for now this worked in one test shop. My answer my have other applications. Maybe 5.6 php setting on my server might have some option turned on or off.

The example to the seller..   I would hope that the customer will get a copy too..unless there is a setting for that I missed.. In joomla there is that setting.  The text is nothing.. I did not ask any real question..

[attachment cleanup by admin]