2.9.9E Custom strings .much easier than 2.5 have you tried it?

Started by John2400, October 01, 2014, 05:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

Thought I'd add some positives about VM3 .. This is one excellent tool.  Set up your custom string or options once.
Then when you go to the products section you just add to the product.

If you have 100s of similar products this would be what you are looking for.

Have you tried this option? 

balai

John2400

I think the best way is to download the package and install the demo products.

To give just an example - in VM 1.5 and 2.5 - you made Variants for a product ( the set up in the Custom field options) . Then you went to your products
one at a time and placed your colour coded options or drop down options there. Now I know that most would use the clone Tool option to save time. ( you can still do this).

In Version 3 - using strings custom field options you can now add the options of products right there. So that when you go to a product now you just click add custom files and everything is already done..

I only use some of the limited custom fields in my shops.. It would be great if others could test and ask for particular settings or if they have an idea then ask for that in the core.. I'm sure with some of your skills I know you will have some great ideas..

balai

QuoteIn Version 3 - using strings custom field options you can now add the options of products right there.
Can you describe the steps to do that? This regards all the types of custom fields?

I am having the package with the demo products. Where does this happens?

John2400

balai

Milbo

Yeh, Balai, but this strings work also now as input, selectable.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

oab

Hi

Is there any documentation I can read anywhere, am trying to get Virtuemart 2.9.9 working on Joomla 3.3.6 and have managed to get a selectable variant for the customer, in my case select PAL or NTSC for a DVD title, but when I do a test order the variant doesn't show on the emailed order so I still don't know if they want PAL or NTSC.  Any help appreciated.

Mike