News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Age Verification not working

Started by Deepjungle, October 01, 2012, 19:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepjungle

Hello,

i'm using actual Joomla 2.5.7 and virtuemart 2.0.10. I have user field birthday with age verification. The minimum age is set to 18 years. If i edit the age in my account i can input every year i wont even 2011 or 2012 are accepted when i save. If i try to order with this settings there is now check for the age that is given. I can order without problems. Field is set to required and all other options are activated.

Need some help with this.

Ale_Gea

I have the same problem (and the same configuration)   :-\

the field also  has a wired format. I select may, 12, 1998 and I see am.05.12

Any idea?

Ale_Gea

I checked the database. in the xxxx_virtuemart_userinfos my age verification field has this value    0-0-0...
I think this is the issue, but i'm not able to solve it

I also noted that the field type is varchar(255), not date. That's not correct, imho

kishoreonwork

I also have same issue while saving the dob. and after some debugging i found that there are issues in the coding .

In administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/userfields.php file around line no 120

case 'age_verification':

// 09March 2013 KM This line causing issue while saving
/*$value = JRequest::getInt('birthday_selector_year')
.'-'.JRequest::getInt('birthday_selector_month')
.'-'.JRequest::getInt('birthday_selector_day');*/

break;

comment the above code and now dob will be saved correctly

Thanks
Kishore

I am available for paid joomla and virtuemart consulting.
http://www.kishoreweblabs.com/
skype kishore2607

TRIPLEdm

Hello,

I have the exact same problem but commenting out the line does not work for me.

Is there someone on the forums with a solution please?
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com
"... Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it Present"

loai90

I have the same problem as well

any one can help us !?  :-\

anksuthar

I have same problem and I want to know how to solve min age verify validation issue. any date are submit without checking any age

xcesar

Studio 42

Hi,
The age verification have no script in all since vm 1.9.8. and above
If you need this, you have to write a Joomla system plugin and check/redirect yourself.

But i think age verification is stupid. Adding a checkbox "I'm over 18 years" is simplier and have same result, you can never know if  someone give the real birthday or you need some official way to control the age ;)