News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cannot copy table correctly

Started by pm4698, September 29, 2014, 11:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm4698

Hello there,

I have 2 joomla 2.5.x, virtuemart 2.6.10 different websites and i want to copy shipping methods from one site to another.  So, what i did, was to go to database of one site, remove vm shipping tables, then i copied and pasted the tables from the other website and changed table prefix.

I can see the shipping methods to one site, but if i go inside to each method, i cannot see some values like zip codes, country, prices etc. but there are inside prefix_virtuemart_shipmentmethods table in shipment_params column.

mowlman

Hello pm4698,

I would suggest installing the shipping method so it is on both sites, then export the records from one site , then import into the other.  Making sure as you mentioned to change any db prefix, also you will probably need to comment out /*   */  any database create commands in the sql since he db will already be created before doing the import.

You need to also keep in mind there are several shipping tables that you will probably need to deal with,  besides your specific shipping plugin you are trying to copy. Use PHPMYADMIN and take a look at the following tables to see how they relate on your shipping method you want to copy. You might need to export / import records from these as well?

virtuemart_shipmentmethods
virtuemart_shipmentmethods_en_gb
virtuemart_shipmentmethod_shoppergroups