2.9.9d checkout page incorrect tax, breaks on shpping/payment

Started by incolor, September 29, 2014, 01:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

incolor

I'm using VM2.9.9d, on J3.3.4, and I'm experiencing multiple issues on the checkout page. This is a migrated installation of VM 2.6

I have tax per product set to: +%  = 8 for the United States/California, yet zero tax shows up in the cart when I use a California address.

I'm checking out as guest with shipping=billing, and the Tax = $0.00

I should mention that I'm using a product with a zero price but with a half-dozen custom field card attributes, each with its own price. (For the items I sell, there's no appropriate "standard" item, so the price is attributed by the custom field selection. This method has been working correctly in the latest versions VM2 for at least a year.)

If I choose a shipping or payment method, the page breaks (no html header info), and I get the following errors:

Top of page:

Notice: Undefined index: billTotal in /html/plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php on line 1103

Under Bill to:

Bill To

Notice: Undefined property: VirtueMartViewCart::$userFieldsCart in /html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_address.php on line 34

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_address.php on line 34

Notice: Undefined property: VirtueMartCart::$BTaddress in /html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_address.php on line 38

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_address.php on line 38

Inside the first line item, after thumbnail image, but no prices in the line:

Notice: Undefined property: VirtueMartViewCart::$customfieldsModel in /html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php on line 47

Fatal error: Call to a member function CustomsFieldCartDisplay() on a non-object in /html/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php on line 47

I would also like to suggest adding back the visual feedback on the backend to show the VM version number installed.

shardis89

Quote from: incolor on September 29, 2014, 01:08:25 AM

I have tax per product set to: +%  = 8 for the United States/California, yet zero tax shows up in the cart when I use a California address.

I have had the same problem stemming all the way back to 2.9.9a. and through 2.9.9d. What I noticed is that the tax rule will work for "All available states" but once you publish an individual state it breaks. Further, on the Tax & Rule Calculation
    page in the back end of virtuemart, the states are not showing after save. This is the same for manufacturers. This is likely the reason for not calculating.

Quote from: shardis89 on September 07, 2014, 19:27:41 PM
I unpublished and republished all rules and this error is now gone; however, the state specific rules still do not calculate. Further the state does not even display in the "Taxes and Rules Calculation" tables page nor does the Manufacturer if you decide to create a rule  by Manufacturer.

Quote from: shardis89 on August 29, 2014, 21:37:31 PM
When I create a "Tax per product" rule and apply it for Country "United States" and leave States "Available for all" the tax rule works fine, however, if I add any state to the States list, the rule does not calculate. Since upgrading to VM 2.9.9 to 2.9.9a

Running VM 2.9.9a on Joomla 3.3.3

PHP 5.4.30

Running 2.9.9b on Joomla 3.3.3

PHP 5.4.30
[/list]

Now running 2.9.9d on Joomla 3.3.4 with PHP 5.4.30

Milbo

just tested, works for me. storing of countries/states/manufacturers,

also the tax is there, in the cart, order and invoice.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

shardis89

Quote from: Milbo on September 30, 2014, 02:20:34 AM
just tested, works for me. storing of countries/states/manufacturers,

also the tax is there, in the cart, order and invoice.

Well I see the data stored in the database, but it is not showing up in the VM administration panel (i.e. administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=calc). I tested on 1 site running 2.9.9b on Joomla 3.3.3 and 1 site running 2.9.9d on Joomla 3.3.4 and 1 fresh install of 2.9.9d on Joomla 3.3.4.  I configure a tax per bill then add United States as the country and select Texas as the state then save and nothing is stored in the column for States in Tax & Calculation Rule [ List ] and the rule will not calculate.

Apache Version :2.4.9   PHP Version :5.5.12   Server Software:Apache/2.4.9 (Win64) PHP/5.5.12  MySQL 5.6.17

incolor

I have created a new test installation of V3.3.4 + VM2.9.9d and created a store with one country, USA, one currency, USD, and one product. I created a tax rule for a single state, exactly as I have it in a correctly functioning VM2.6.10 store on the same server.

However, I cannot get VM2.9.9d to appropriately charge tax for only the one state. I've toyed around with it for over an hour, and the only way I can trigger a non-zero tax is if I change the tax rule to apply in the product page, but then tax is charged for any/every state, which is not how things work in the USA.

Likewise, I tried upgrading my properly functioning VM2.6.10 site to VM2.9.9d, and the sales tax stopped working correctly.

PHP5.5.9, MySQL5.5.38, Apache2.4.7

incolor

FYI, I upgraded my test site (detailed above) from 2.9.9d to 2.9.9e, which came out today. This did not correct this tax problem.

Milbo

Hmm I dont understand it. the calculator is almost the same and I just tested it again on j3 and it worked directly.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

shardis89

I just did a new joomla 3.3.6 install on wamp with nothing else added but vm 2.9.9e. Tried to configure tax calculation for 1 US state and this is what I received.

Notice: Undefined property: TableStates::$states_name in C:\wamp\www\joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctions.php on line 68
Call Stack
#   Time   Memory   Function   Location
1   0.0020   251008   {main}( )   ..\index.php:0
2   0.0660   3345712   JApplicationCms->execute( )   ..\index.php:42
3   0.0660   3346240   JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute( )   ..\cms.php:251
4   0.1110   5257032   JApplicationAdministrator->dispatch( )   ..\administrator.php:159
5   0.1150   5392480   JComponentHelper::renderComponent( )   ..\administrator.php:98
6   0.1220   5733824   JComponentHelper::executeComponent( )   ..\helper.php:332
7   0.1230   5777712   require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.php' )   ..\helper.php:352
8   0.1640   8362344   JControllerLegacy->execute( )   ..\virtuemart.php:107
9   0.1640   8362800   VmController->display( )   ..\legacy.php:730
10   0.1860   8914992   VirtuemartViewCalc->display( )   ..\vmcontroller.php:122
11   0.2390   10207416   ShopFunctions::renderGuiList( )   ..\view.html.php:136

Milbo

I think I found the problem checking the BE of incolor. You tried to tricks VM. You selected the country, then the state and then it seems you removed the country.... So the state is also removed. So you thought storing does not work, but it does.

incolor

Thank you for looking into this!

If I somehow removed the country, it was accidental.

I've checked the test site again, confirming that on the BE, the tax rule is published and applies to California, United States. Still, on the FE, when I add the test product to the cart and use a California, United States address, sales tax is not applied.

Were you able to successfully get a nonzero tax amount to appear in the front end? I have not.

incolor

I think I found some more evidence of the problem that might help in debugging.

In VM2.9.9e back-end, the state does not show up in the Tax & Calculation Rule [ List ], but it does show up in the detail page. I've taken screenshots side-by-side in 2.9.9e and 2.6.8c.

This problem mirrors the fact that tax is correctly charged for California in 2.6.8c but not in 2.9.9e.

See attachments.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

fixed this bug, but it was only a small typo and is only the display of the list.

shardis89

Quote from: Milbo on October 09, 2014, 16:39:39 PM
fixed this bug, but it was only a small typo and is only the display of the list.

This fix is needed for manufacturers as well.

Milbo