News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Whats the best way? multiple sizes and different colours?

Started by baggiesmad, September 26, 2014, 09:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baggiesmad

Hi

I'm developing a Mens Fashion online store using Virtuemart for a client.

All of the t-shirts he sells come with multiple options and all have different stock levels. For example.

Product Name: Mens T-Shirt

Colours: Red, Blue, White, Black.

Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, 1XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL

The issue is the colours are not available in all sizes....

RED: Small
BLUE: Small, Medium,
WHITE: Large
BLACK: Small, Large, 1XL

I've tried the CustomFieldsForAll PLUGIN but it doesn't appear to meet my requirements.

What is the best way to set this up?

balai

I think the only way you have atm is to use child products and the "generic child variants" plugin

Matt_Ginn

Create a custom field, set the custom field type to 'plug-ins', and the plug-in type to 'Stockable Variant'. Fill in all your possible options in the boxes and make it a cart variant. Now when you apply this custom field to the parent product and create a child you can select the relevant colour & size and set the stock level.

Here's an example of it working on my site:

http://www.mardens-trading.co.uk/portwest/portwest-leisurewear-range/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/1690/virtuemart_category_id/353

Milbo

Or vm3 and the new "child variants". You should also add the attributes which do not affect the stocking to the parent, so all your children have them.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

baggiesmad

Quote from: Matt_Ginn on October 30, 2014, 17:24:03 PM
Create a custom field, set the custom field type to 'plug-ins', and the plug-in type to 'Stockable Variant'. Fill in all your possible options in the boxes and make it a cart variant. Now when you apply this custom field to the parent product and create a child you can select the relevant colour & size and set the stock level.

Here's an example of it working on my site:

http://www.mardens-trading.co.uk/portwest/portwest-leisurewear-range/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/1690/virtuemart_category_id/353

Thanks for your reply.

I dont see 'Stockable Variant' under the drop down?

Im running 2.6.10 and the plugin isnt there?

Matt_Ginn

baggiesmad

Quote from: Matt_Ginn on November 12, 2014, 13:16:22 PM
Do you have the 'stockable' plug-in enabled?

Done a search for Stockable in the plugins list and it doesn't appear?

Matt_Ginn

As far as I'm aware it should always get installed as part of the core of VM or the AIO! Can a mod/ VM developer confirm this?

baggiesmad

Quote from: Matt_Ginn on November 12, 2014, 14:56:06 PM
As far as I'm aware it should always get installed as part of the core of VM or the AIO! Can a mod/ VM developer confirm this?

Can anyone tell me if I can reinstall this plugin/module?

GJC Web Design

never seen it not install

look by ftp in plugins/vmcustom/stockable - that is it

if not you need to extract the AIO - upload the the folder stockable where it should be - discover it in Joomla extensions

[attachment cleanup by admin]
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

baggiesmad

I have that folder on FTP:  plugins/vmcustom/stockable

These are all I have on my installation...

Scott Hurley

Same here as above Where do I get the stockable Variant plugin please..

jenkinhill

It is included in VM 2.6.x and VM3

In 2.6.x select plugins as Custom Field Type and in the Select a plug-in box enter sto to search for and enable the stockable option.

In VM3 currently the Select a plug-in list is prepopulated, as in image.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

baggiesmad

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 30, 2014, 11:55:25 AM
It is included in VM 2.6.x and VM3

In 2.6.x select plugins as Custom Field Type and in the Select a plug-in box enter sto to search for and enable the stockable option.

In VM3 currently the Select a plug-in list is prepopulated, as in image.

So referring to the screenshot I posted earlier. The correct plugin is: VM Custom Field with Stock Control?

Matt_Ginn

I don't seem to have the Stockable option in VM3 at all. I've even manually unpacked the AIO tar.gz and I can't find it in there either. I use it extensively in my live site (currently using VM 2.6.12.2) so I need to sort this issue out before I can upgrade!