News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Double quotes(") turns into #34 or 34 set of symbols when searching goods

Started by borro, September 24, 2014, 14:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borro

Hello

I've found in Virtumart 2.6.6 that when I input searching phrase and press Enter native VM-search converts double quotes to
Quote#34
set of symbols when i'm searching goods in admin panel and to
Quote34
set of symbols when i search something at frotend. The result is that nothing can be found with such substitution in searching phrase.
For example searching phrase
Quote"somegood name"
converts to
Quote34somegood name34
when searching at frontend
and to
Quote#34somegood name#34
when searching at backend

It's difficult to update all shop with a new VM. So i'm asking is there any ideas how or where this issue must be fixed?
Wish you happiness!

metsubo

Don't worry, even if you upgrade it to the newest version 2.9.9 you'll still have this problem.  Or at least I've got all the latest versions of everything and I'm having this problem.  Did you ever get it figured out or did this message just sort of fall through the cracks?  Probably not the right forum to post it in.  Shouldn't this be in bug reports or something maybe?

John2400

Can I ask an obvious question.
Without using the inverted commas , are you unable to find a product?
Yes I understand your question and the developers can see your post but is it needed?
Does they software search fail to find a good or service ?

borro

Hello. Thank you
I hope I understood you right - there is no solution now for this issue. So we should wait or try to fix it by ourself
Wish you happiness!

GJC Web Design

John was more asking WHY you are searching with " s

it has no effect on the search string - it won't (if it worked) return just a string with "somegood name"

even if the quotes weren't changed it would still return any string containing somegood OR  name  - there is no AND in the VM search
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

metsubo

Quote from: John2400 on October 20, 2014, 12:31:10 PM
Can I ask an obvious question.
Without using the inverted commas , are you unable to find a product?
Yes I understand your question and the developers can see your post but is it needed?
Does they software search fail to find a good or service ?
Yes, because the " symbol is used in english to denote inches and a large number of my 20,000 products are very dependent on dimensions and thusly would be impossible to find since it loads stuff that says 734 which is 0 of them.  So we can't search without that indicator as our distributors have feeds that automatically upload and name products and categories etc.  The problem is that it is not treating it as text  but ascii I think