News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Realex Payment Plugin response

Started by orangecube, September 21, 2014, 16:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangecube

Have been using a 3rd party Realex payment plugin for the past year without problem but decided to start using the newly integrated Realex plugin with VM 2.6.8. My problem is that after finally getting it to work alongside Rupostel's One Page Checkout on the redirect setting it just will not return properly and instead gives an error 500.

After a lot of searching I cannot find any VM documentation for this plugin settings but could be down to the response url. Can any please confirm what the response URL should be?

Joomla 2.5.24
VM 2.6.10
Php 5.4.25
Server Apache/2.2.26 (Unix)

Cheers!

Realex Payments

Hello,

Thanks for using the Realex Payments integration.

Could you please PM me your Realex Payments merchant id and I will liaise with your account manager so I can deal with your query more efficiently.

Your VirtueMart logs should indicate more clearly what caused the 500 to actually occur. 500s can usually be attributed to a PHP error, such as a clash with loaded classes etc.

If you take the exact time the issue occurred and search your server logs for an event, you should be able to find, for example:

[08-Sep-2014 23:55:13 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: Error Description.

If you'd like to send these logs to your account manager we can also review them. Thanks.

Best,

Seán MacDomhnall

Channel Support
Realex Payments

Realex Payments

Hello,

Thanks for sending me on your details. I've been in touch with your account manager who will be in contact shortly.

Best,

Seán

Seán MacDomhnall

Channel Support
Realex Payments

damianbunn

Hi there,

What was the outcome of this as I am in the process of setting this up and cannot locate the response URL anywhere.

Thanks

Damian

Realex Payments

Hi Damian,

The Response URL is sent in the request POST so this does not have to be manually set on the account.
Would you like to PM me your Realex Payments merchant id and any issues you're currently having and I will then liaise with your account manager so we can deal with your queries as best we can.

Kind regards,

Alan

fastpat27

Hi All

I'm pulling my hair out with the Realex Plugin and was wondering is it just me or is there issues with it. I get a lot of 511 errors meaning that Realex payment has been sucessfull but then cannot connect back to the site. My client has 3 sites all payments via Realex, and all 3 sites give problems since the integrated Realex plugin was applied. Is anyone running a problem free site with the Realex Plugin? Perhaps it could be a template issue, although there are different templates for each site but still the same problems.

Two of the sites are J2.5 / VM 2.6.22 and the latest is J3.4 / VM 3.0.9.1

The VM 3.0.9.1 needs updating but it causes a checkout problem when I do update it, and don't see a simple fix for it yet. I want to resolve the payment issue before the update issue in case I need to look at a new site and shopping cart that will work with Realex.

I don't have enough experience with php and error logs yet so kind of relying on Realex and VM support for help, this is a long drawn out process from both teams and no--one seems to be getting anywhere.

If anyone has experience with this issue and would like to help for a fee I am willing to do so to get this resolved too.

Thanks to anyone with some information or help, it will be gratefully appreciated.

FP

fastpat27

Hi All

I'm still stuck with the same issues. I would like to know if anyone else uses Joomla 3.4 or 3.5 with the Realex plugin successfully. If I can't get this to work I will consider switching it possibly to Sage payments so again if anyone has a similar payment gateway would you recommend Sage Payments?

I'd really appreciate and feedback as this has really beaten the life out of me. I have tried my server Hosts to check DNS and configuration, Virtuemart Support and Realex Tech guys but no-one seems to how to fix it.

Thanks
FP

fastpat27

Hi All

I have finally got this problem sorted after months of trying to get help and support from all areas. It turned out to be a domain configuration issue but even the server host couldn't see what was causing it. I ended up having to move host and as soon as I did this no more issues with this particular problem.

At £55 + vat per month this was not some cheap hosting company, and I'm seriously reviewing should I stay with them for all my other sites. The only thing saving them is the hassle of moving everyone to a new host and the downtime changing the DNS.

So the moral of the story is, don't waste months and seriously lots of working hours chasing one problem, try a different host (in this case Siteground) to see if that helps. You will probably find you have a month to test it and if it doesn't work then you can get refund and cancel.

Hope this saves someone some time in future!

FP

GJC Web Design

Good advice.. not all hosts are created equal and size or cost doesn't seem in any way related to their competence...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

alatak

Hi

QuoteIt turned out to be a domain configuration issue but even the server host couldn't see what was causing it.
Oh ? :o
Do you know what was the exact problem?