News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I think I've found a bug that needs urgent elimination...

Started by otletgazda, September 21, 2014, 11:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otletgazda

Dear Developers,

I think I've found a bug that needs urgent elimination.

Joomla:2.5.24; VM: 2.6.10

1.) It's possible to fulfil registration on VM's registration screen (using Joomla's reg fields) using uncompleted (without .eu, .com, .etc endings)  e-mail addresses (e.g: myname@blabla). Plus, after the registration, the system message appears: "Registration link has been sent..." onto a non-existent e-mail address.

I set these fields obligatory at buyer's fields (set them "locked against crack", but those can be inactivated); but, on the front-end the warnings do not appear. Only the *-s in the e-mail/user name fields. There's no red marks either.

Besides, the same problem can be seen on your VM demo site.

2.) An other problem:

I made a children products (concerning shoe and cloths sizes) using "stockable variants plugin". If I set the rule:  "Don't show off-stock child product" (3. radiobutton on admin page), only the on-stock children products appear in the select box (on the front-end), though it's impossible to take any on-stock children into the shopping cart and the "off-stock" error message appears.

If the above mentioned problems are not my negligence's result, please check and fix them!

Thank you for your kind help in advance,

otletgazda

AH

1) email addresses have not been validated in VM for as long as I can remember

This is not a bug (something that does not work as specified), it is just not a feature that VM supports at present.

Regarding - "please check and fix them"

Think about supporting the project in order that the team can invest their unpaid time in keeping the project on track

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail

Note: that supporting the team is no guarantee that these items you have mentioned will be addressed
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

1. Yes, there is no email vaildator in Joomla!.  VM uses Joomla's user manager settings, where there is also no email syntax check. If you need it then I guess you can build your own or commission a developer. The only 3rd party mail vaildator I know of is http://www.function90.com/products/pre-registration-email-validation.html

2. Should be asked in the Products board but child product handling is improved in VM3 - so maybe you should be testing the latest RC. 2.9.9b.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

Yep you could build your own regex check for the email field and apply using java

There are lots out there - at a basic level you could test for am @ and at least one .

What is "locked against crack" ??

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0