News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2.9.9b Ask a Question Blank Screen on Submit

Started by Christopher, September 19, 2014, 16:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Hello

System J! 3.3.3 / VM 2.9.9b

When I click "Ask a Question About this Product", the form is displayed and can be completed/submitted but then the pop-up panel goes blank and no email is actually sent.

The shop config is as follows:

[YES] Allow non logged-in to send a recommendation or ask a question    
[YES] Use ReCaptcha for recommendations and 'Ask a question'    
[YES] Allows to Ask a question    
[40 Chars] Question minimum length    
[400 Chars] Question maximum length

Have tried toggling both 'Logged-In/Non-Logged-In' and use of ReCaptcha but neither have any effect

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks

Christopher
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't

John2400

Hi,

I tested this too. I am just confirming that I have the same issue.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Christopher

Hi Kelvin

Where can I download 2.9.9c ? I can't seem to find any links to it on the VM website and my VM install doesn't flag it as the latest release - I'm seeing 2.9.9b, which I already have installed

Many thanks

Christopher

Milbo

use the svn, download it, export it into your joomla root, done.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Christopher

Hi Milbo

OK - I have downloaded TortoiseSVN and connected to the VM SVN project and had a dig around the folders but cannot find anything that leaps out at me to say "VM version 2.9.9c", whether a full version or upgrade/patch - looking at file date stamps doesn't really help either

I realise I am probably being incredibly dense here but all I want to do is fix a bug, launch a website, invoice my client and pay my bills this month

For mere mortals like me, please could you at least provide me with the path or folder name within the SVN where I can download the relevant files for 2.9.9c or give me some more instructions/details.

Thanks in advance

Christopher

jenkinhill

The files are in trunk/virtuemart. There is no "package",  you can overwrite your current VM files with those from SVN by ftp or make an extra step to build an install package yourself - http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Create_virtuemart_installer
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Christopher

CasperH

Probably not the best place to ask but here goes.

About this svn update procedure, could it now and also in the future be used to update virtuemart (locally for testing/online for production) without causing a database conflict. When updating VM I regularly see drop table/update table things, will this also go correct when updating just the files with SVN? The reason I ask is because its so much easier to just hit "svn up" instead of downloading the package etc.

jenkinhill

Not a good idea, as the svn files are updated frequently, and often have unforseen bugs which have not been identified because the whole fileset has not been tested in a full installation. Then there would be the problem of database/table changes when required....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

John2400

I still have this problem on version 2.9.9C ?

After submit ( blank screen)

No email comes through? C version downloaded from

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files