News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Name your price, VM2&VM3

Started by urbaman, September 17, 2014, 19:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbaman

Hi,

Is there any way to make a "Name your price" or "Pay what you want" price for a product?

I'd need it in WM2 and/or VM3

Thanx,
Nicola

reinhold

Actually, that was one of the reasons for my "Donations for VM2" plugin. Although the name does not suggest its use for "Pay what you want" products, I wrote it for that very purpose.
http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/vm2-donation-plugin.html

To make it "Pay what you want" for a product, you need to set the price for the product to practically 0 (i.e. 0.0001, because for products with price exactly 0, VM won't show the add to cart button...) and add the custom field to the product (see the documentation for details).
Taxes will be applied as if the entered amount was already part of the product price, so I guess this is what you want anyway (for donations this is sometimes a problem, because they might need to be taxed differently).
You would set the title of the custom field to something like "Name your price:" rather than "Donation:" as used in my documentation.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Ninjamouse

I've installed and am using this plugin. Works like a charm for donations. The only thing that I need to fix, really, is the fact that the dollar symbol is to the right of the input box instead of the left. This is fixed throughout the site using the edit currency properties in VM, but it doesn't fix where the plugin displays the symbol. Any help in this regard is appreciated.

reinhold