News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to View the Front End of My Store???

Started by Ram_91, October 24, 2014, 09:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ram_91

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Joomla and Virtuemart and I have recently installed Joomla 3.3 and Virtuemart 2.9.9.2. I have installed the sample data too. But the problem is when I redirect in to the I cannot see any kind of Store or somewhat relate to that.

This may seem like a lame question to you guys. But I have thoroughly browsed internet and this forum for the above matter.But no luck. So can anybody please help me out here ??

And Also I have switched the template in to a new one from the General Default joomla Template.

Thank You.

vaskern

Sounds like you have not created a menu item to your store?

Ram_91

Quote from: vaskern on October 24, 2014, 09:56:41 AM
Sounds like you have not created a menu item to your store?

No I didn't create such thing like that.Can you please tell me how to create such a Item??? :) :)

Thank You very much fro replying Vaskern

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 2.9.9x is a test and development (pre-release) version - the stable version for use on live websites will be VM3. So it should only be used by experienced Joomla/VirtueMart users.

I suggest you try the VirtueMart2.9.9.2_Joomla_2.5.27-Stable-Full_Package.zip package.  Install it exactly like Joomla, as it contains Joomla & VM fully working with menu items in place and its own template. Then see how it works!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ram_91

Quote from: jenkinhill on October 24, 2014, 10:55:11 AM
VirtueMart 2.9.9x is a test and development (pre-release) version - the stable version for use on live websites will be VM3. So it should only be used by experienced Joomla/VirtueMart users.

I suggest you try the VirtueMart2.9.9.2_Joomla_2.5.27-Stable-Full_Package.zip package.  Install it exactly like Joomla, as it contains Joomla & VM fully working with menu items in place and its own template. Then see how it works!

Hi,

Does that means I have to downgrade my Joomla version in to 2.5??? Do reply

GJC Web Design

the above pack will install joomla 2.5 and Vm and all the config you need to learn how to use VM

Life is a learning process - when your proficient in this version then installing the soon to be released (this week Max says) VM3 - it will be a breeze...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

In any case, upgrading from Joomla 2.5.27 to Joomla 3.3.x is a simple one click process. You really do need to understand Joomla as well as VirtueMart, and the packages provide a good starting point.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum