News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

new issues since update ini_set()

Started by timlogotim, September 12, 2014, 18:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timlogotim

I just updated from 1.0.26d to 2.6.10 and encountered a new error that appears to be because of the security I have setup on my server.  I do not allow ini_set in my server config, for security reasons.  I have never ran into any issues using Virtuemart, until now.  When I upgraded, I was immediately met with a ton of ini_set errors...see some examples at the end of this message.

In order to get my VM site to work, I had to allow ini_set in my config. 

Did something change in this new version of VM that requires ini_set to be allowed?  I really would prefer to disable this, but can't at the moment.  Please advise what I can do here.

Thanks,
Tim

-------------
Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/USERNAME/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php on line 532

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/USERNAME/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php on line 532

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/USERNAME/public_html/libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 841

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/USERNAME/public_html/libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 863

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/USERNAME/public_html/libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 841

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/USERNAME/public_html/libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 863

jenkinhill

Joomla (and other CMSs such as WP and Drupal) requires ini-set() to be enabled, which is why Google shows a lot of ways to bypass the issue, either by local php.ini to enable ini-set or suppressing the warning notices.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102555.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

timlogotim

I'm not sure I understand, because I have always had ini_set disabled and have never had any problems with Joomla or Virtuemart.  This problem occurred when updating.

Why would Joomla or Virtuemart need that enabled?

GJC Web Design

J & VM often use ini_set to e.g. ensure enough memory is available for a certain task etc
or e.g. the language file is doing this
$track_errors = ini_get('track_errors');
      ini_set('track_errors', true);

then later

// Restore error tracking to what it was before.
      ini_set('track_errors', $track_errors);

but the upgrade didn't change this - these calls have been there for years in Joomla - your reporting is for some reason now set too high

if your host wont allow php.ini etc you can blank these messages by

error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR | E_CORE_WARNING | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_COMPILE_WARNING );

in your root index.php
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation