[Solved] Problem with Shipment Selection with USPS Plugin

Started by ren3784, September 11, 2014, 22:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ren3784

Two things.

One is that my client says customers are having trouble selecting a shipping method from USPS. For instance, they would want to choose Express Mail or Express Package, but when they click Save, they are sent right back to this same shipment page. The only method that continues on to the checkout page again is Library Mail. Who knows what that is for? The client only wants Priority Express in a Flat Rate box and 2 Day Priority to be available, which aren't exactly there anyway.

Sometimes we get the "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.". The settings we have are as follows:

Shopper Group: empty (Read that this being empty would help)
Dimensions Unit: IN
Machinable Packages: Yes
Package Size: Regular
Weight Padding: 1 (Would this affect lightweight items' costs?)
Send Dimensions: No
Domestic Service Options: Express Mail, Priority Mail, Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box, Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Box, Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope, First Class Mail Package. (Figure one of these gotta work)
Domestic Countries List: Puerto Rico, USA, Virgin Islands (Has to be there or there's an error)
Domestic Handling Fee: 7 (This doesn't seem to work either)
International Services Options: empty
Countries: Empty
Int'l Handling Fee: empty
Logo: empty
Tax: Apply default rules
Debug USPS: Yes

Secondly, when a shipping option is chosen, a customer is then sent back to the shopping bag/cart page, with the option to checkout or choose a payment option. The problem is, if some decides they want to change their shipping choice, there is no way to go back, except the back button, and that's no good for usability...

Someone please help! Thanks in advance.

I am using Joomla 1.5.25 and VirtueMart 2.0.6a. We will be planning an upgrade later.
Renee Heyward
Developerz Block
http://developerzblock.com

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ren3784

It's Alatek. I've contacted them and am currently awaiting their reply.

In the meantime, I've updated our Joomla installation as well as our VirtueMart to the latest versions. I've gone through the forums again and still, the plugin is not displaying any shipping choices.

We only want a select few shipping choices (Priority Express in a Flat Rate box and 2 Day Priority, or close to it) and insurance, that is all. No taxes, only US. I am still receiving this:

"We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.". The settings we have now are as follows:

Shopper Group: empty (Read that this being empty would help)
Secure: No
Proxy Server: Empty
Verify Address: No
Weight Unit: LB
Dimensions Unit: IN
Machinable Packages: Yes
Commercial Base Postage: No
Package Size: Regular
Weight Padding: 1 (Would this affect lightweight items' costs?)
Send Dimensions: No
Dimensions Padding: Empty
Shipment Strategy Based on Average Weight
USPS Error Report: Yes
Domestic Services Enabled: Yes
Domestic Service Options: Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Boxes, Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box. (Figure one of these gotta work)
Domestic Countries List: Empty or filled, still nothing (Has to be there or there's an error)
Domestic Handling Fee: Empty (This doesn't seem to work either)
Minimum Amount for Free Shipping: Empty
Boxes Dimensions: Empty
Display Individual Cost: No
International Services Enabled: No
International Services Options: Empty
Countries: Empty
Extra Services: Insurance
Boxes Dimensions: Empty
Int'l Handling Fee: empty
Minimum Amount for Free Shipping: Empty
Redirect if no ZIP: Yes
Logo: empty
Tax: Apply no rules
Debug USPS: All

I am now using Joomla 3.3.6 and VirtueMart 3.0.0.

Updated:

I added shopper groups, all of them, and domestic countries, all of them. And then the items were listed. SMH! Directions with variations, need to be updated for this plugin!
Renee Heyward
Developerz Block

alatak

Hello
QuoteTI added shopper groups, all of them, and domestic countries, all of them. And then the items were listed. SMH! Directions with variations, need to be updated for this plugin!

QuoteDomestic Countries List: Empty or filled, still nothing (Has to be there or there's an error)

you can remove the shopper groups. This is not the reason.
I am checking if i have the same problem on VM3.

ren3784

I have solved my problem, contrary to previous advice to other posts, I added shopper groups, all of them, and domestic countries, all of them. And then the items were listed.

There needs to be more clear directions for this plugin, but in the end it works great.

Thank you to Alatak as well.
Renee Heyward
Developerz Block

alatak

Hello

Quote"and domestic countries, all of them. "
yes, i will check this issue

QuoteI added shopper groups,
this one is a VM issue. And I am sure you do not need to add them.