News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Image Popup

Started by cimran, September 08, 2014, 14:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cimran

Hi

http://www.chairimports.com.au/catalogue/table-tops/571/acajou-table-top-detail
If i click on the product image, it popups/zoom out; I want to remove this function
Can you please guide, I use joomla2.5 & VM 2.0.26d

jenkinhill

Edit the product details override file to remove the modal/zoom links around the product image.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

David

Quote from: jenkinhill on September 08, 2014, 15:13:49 PM
Edit the product details override file to remove the modal/zoom links around the product image.

I cannot find a way how to eliminate the zoom function on the product detail picture - can you be more specific? I just need a plain image there.
Joomla 3.8.3, VirtueMart 3.4.2

jenkinhill

That answer was to a 2 year old question for VM2!!!  There is no zoom function in the default VM 3.x product details template, just a fancybox popup. If you see something different then I guess you use a commercial template?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

David

Yes, I mean that popup. I suppose it should show images in full size (= zoomed). I want to get rid of the popup.

jenkinhill

In that case edit and override  components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_images.php  unless you are already using overrides, in which case edit templates/[your joomla template]/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default-images.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

David

Well, I was not sure how to modify the JavaScript in default_images.php to leave just the plain image, so I used custom CSS:

div.main-image a {
    pointer-events: none;
    cursor: default;
}

jenkinhill

Yes, a css override is a good way to do it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK