News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment Plugin docs?

Started by lewellyn, September 01, 2014, 22:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewellyn

I was wondering how up to date http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Payment_Plugins is. The plugins shipped with VM seem to use different functions versus that document. For example, that document uses plgVmOnConfirmedOrderStorePaymentData() whereas it seems that the stock plugins use plgVmConfirmedOrder().

Needless to say, trying to work through everything that's going on in the provided plugins makes it really difficult to figure out just what one needs to do on a new one. Is there either a known-good payment plugin skeleton out there or docs which are known to be accurate? I can only assume that the docs that I've found aren't accurate since the standard plugins don't use the same functions... (I'm still trying to wade through all of this to get a working plugin, so I can't say definitively whether the barebones docs give a working result yet...)

Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.  8)

FWIW, I'm developing against VirtueMart 2.6.8 and I have PHP libraries to do the actual payment communication. I really just need to figure out what the magic is for VirtueMart, since http://docs.virtuemart.net/api-vm2/ is pretty stale (and I have no idea how relevant it is) just as I expect the dev.virtuemart.net link is.

(P.S. I've, of course, read the sticky in the forum, searched the forum, and tried combing the wiki. Additionally, I even tried finding a VM IRC channel, but I can't find anything other than #joomla on freenode which isn't really helpful for "I've scoured the web looking for accurate documentation" since they'd just be trying to do the same. Posting here is pretty much my last ditch effort, though I think I now see why there are so few third-party payment plugin developers. :( )