Main Menu

Internal Error 500 Upon Checkout -- Details in Thread

Started by rbongartz, August 29, 2014, 21:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbongartz

Sorry if wrong forum, admins please feel free to move

Joomla Version: 2.5.22
Virtuemart Version: 2.6.6

Upon Checking out of my site I get an Internal Error and it tells me to check the system error log. I checked the system error log and the same error is popping up over and over again so I think this one is it:

20140829T122015: manchesterwoodcraft.com/index.php/shop-online/cart/confirm
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method plgVmPaymentPaypal::setInConfirmOrder() in /hermes/bosnaweb05a/b757/ipw.madvertising/public_html/joomla2/joomla2/plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php on line 399

Specifically the part about the Paypal Plugin. I've been browsing around and have read something about updating both the Core and AIO. I'm not 100% sure on this front but I've gone into the virtuemart AIO updater and updated the virtuemart plugin tables.

Everything was working smoothly until about a week ago. I do have an emergency backup but it is kind of old and I would rather fix this problem instead of rebuilding all of the work since my last backup. My fault, I know. And I'm willing to go back to the backup but only as a last resort.

If anyone knows what my problem is I will be eternally grateful for their help.

Also if any more information is needed, post here, and I'll make it happen.

Thanks Virtuemart Communtity. You're all lifesavers

jenkinhill

You should install the 2.6.6 aio component using Joomla's extensions installer.  Or probably now you should update both components to 2.6.8b using the extensions installer. Files are on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files  - test on a backup of the site first.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rbongartz

Thank you so much. I've seen you answer just about every question on these boards -- you truly are a superhero

Pablo

Had exactly the same problem, and versions. and Yes, did the trick for me too! Thank you!