News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Assign a module only to homepage dont work

Started by dsidir, August 28, 2014, 00:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsidir

Using Joomla 3.3.3 and VM 2.9.9 I am trying to assign the default vm module that show featured products to show only at homepage. I ve set up this module to show only at homepage. However when you click the links that are in the products included in the feautured product module that normally should open the product url page, it seems that actually the homepage reload, showing all the details of the homepage and the product that you clicked. Also I noticed that the url of the product is not the normal.

I am really stacked with this .... any ideas help

jenkinhill

As with previous Joomla versions, use Metamod for fine tuning of module assignment. VM2.9.9 is still in development - you should now be testing 2.9.9a and report issues on http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=136.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dsidir

ok, I am going to try this and report. However I wonder why the products on the module on the frontpage have a url such as www.xxx.com/el/watermelon-   and the same product on the normal page you hit from the menu item has a url such as www.xxx.com/el/e-shop/seeds/plants/watermelon-

So when you click the first product on the module, the module reloads and you can see the product details below. On the other case the module doesnt reload and you can just see the product details.
There are so, two completely different urls that shows the same product but in a different way.