News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Need to add image upload in registration

Started by cbsmktg, August 26, 2014, 04:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbsmktg

Using VirtueMart 2.6.8 in Joomla 2.5.24.
I have seen two questions on this, but no answers.
My client needs to have their customers upload a .jpg, .png or .pdf during registration to confirm age, residence and legal ability to buy product.
Can someone guide me on how to add this to the shopper fields configuration files? Alternatively, I can utilize Formmaker, however I am lost on what javascript to add to that configuration that will populate the Joomla registration and VM customer fields automatically.
My skill-level is "coding-savant" - I am able to edit source files, however I stay away from javascript unless I have clear instructions.

John2400

Just wondering if you restricted the payment though PayPal then they have age limits already set. Have a look at that before you go to a lot of work. The legal responsibility will be through PayPal and not through the store.

Depends on your country.... Also they will have other restrictions that would support legal translations tool.

If buying say , " guns and knives" well that might be too legal and maybe ID might be needed.

I'm sure there Is a joomla extension for registration upload. Or maybe a facebook login option as well.

cbsmktg

John,
  Good suggestions. Unfortunately clients have to have the documentation before collecting money and shipping. There are work-arounds (including the formmaker option) that will meet the client requirements legally, but double their work load - ie having to re-enter all of the information into the store back-end. Plus we want to make the customer process extremely simple as well.