News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Different sorting of products in category pages

Started by fredrikk, August 25, 2014, 13:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredrikk

Hi!

I want to sort products in different categories with different sort orders. Ex. in category A sorting order by name and in category B sorting order by creation date. But in back-end you could just choose one way of sorting for all products in the store.

I read several threads about sorting orders but couldn't find any answer. Shouldn't there be a "override default sort order" in the category admin page?

I have VM 2.6.6, Joomla 2.5.19, PHP 5.4.28

Fredrik

kmeyer

I'm looking for a solution to this question. I want most of my categories to sort by product name, but I have one special category in which I need to sort by the order listed in the backend. Since I have several hundred products, it's not really practical to set the order in the backend for all the products in the other categories to match the alphabetical order. The term "Default Product Sort Order" would indicate that there is a way to override the "default" within a menu or a category, but I don't see any way to do so. If there is no way to override the default order in the backend, then can order be changed with an override? Could somone please point me to the correct place to code this, as well as sample code to sort the products array by backend ordering?

VM 3.0.4,  Joomla 3.3.6.

jankoo

hi,

im looking for the same.. i cant use different sortings by category??? omg

@kmeyer did you find something?

Khaostar

I have the exact same problem at the moment. Anyone can answer that?

I also have virtuemart 2.6.6 and Joomla 2.5.20.

Thanks

gugga

I have the problem with setting sorting to sorting. And when i want to save the products change their sorting order. How can i solwe this

jenkinhill

You must be the vendor. Sort product order with drag and drop, and configure sort order to use "ordering" - see pics  (this is with VM3.0.9.8 )
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ZoBabe

The question is how to change the sort order for ONE SINGLE CATEGORY. Not site-wide. I can see the site-wide instructions have been posted twice on this thread, but no mention on a category by category basis.
  The vast majority of categories are fine. There is one special category that needs to be order by "ordering" rather than chronology. How do you change the sort order for that one category, without changing it for the rest.
  Currently:
  Joomla: 3.4.4
  Virtuemart: 3.0.10
  Thanks,
  Z

loppan

Sorry for awaking this very old thread :P.

But I'm having the exact same question. jenkinhill already showed how to change the sort order sitewide, but I'm happy with the sort order for my categories, except for just one. On this specific category, I'd like to be ably to set the sort ordering manually, just like in jenkinhill's example.

I'm using VM 3.2.3 on Joomla! 3.7.4, there has been a lot of changes to Virtuemart lately so I was hoping someone knew of an easy way to do this now :)

Thanks

Best regards

Peter